Buy tickets for rental real estate networking and training.
Russell Sabadosa, East Longmeadow
Jane Gasek, Worcester
Open to the public! Membership is not required.
|Public Ticket||Member Ticket|
|Statewide Virtual Meeting - Tue September 21
Use Tech to Be a Long-Distance DIY Landlord
|Statewide Virtual Meeting - Mon September 27
Domestic Violence: How to Support Renters who are Survivors
|Statewide Crash Course - Sat October 02&09
The MassLandlords Crash Course in Landlording
|Statewide Virtual Meeting - Wed October 06
MassLandlords Membership Benefits Quick Start Guide
|Malborough - Tue October 12
|$14 In Person or Zoom||MWPOA members pay annual dues, then free|
|Fitchburg - Thu October 14
Housing, Fitchburg and You!
|$20 In Person
|NWCLA members pay annual dues, then free|
Early bird pricing available until noon seven days prior.
- 1212.September.SundayNo events
SWCLA Virtual Meeting Mon Sep 13: Service and Companion Animals: What they are, and how to screen your tenants for them.https://masslandlords.net/event-web/2021-09-13-swcla/
Attorney Adam Sherwin is a sole practitioner concentrating in real estate litigation representing property owners, landlords, and tenants alike. He has vast experience in matters of real estate that include boundary disputes, zoning appeals, contract disputes, foreclosure law, and landlord-tenant matters.
Attorney Sherwin’s website is www.sherwinlawfirm.com.
He can also be contacted at:
PLEASE NOTE: We had planned to hold this, our September 2021 meeting, in person. However, there were two matters in our decision to hold at least one more session via Zoom. The first was the uncertainty in the proliferation of the Delta Coronavirus: for planning purposes, we could not be sure that our meeting space at the Southbridge Community Center would be open. To avoid the chance of a last-minute cancellation, we thought it better to Zoom this session. Secondly, our speaker, Attorney Sherwin, has his office in Charlestown and is himself limiting his contacts with the public to his physical office out of concern for the virus. We hope you understand.
All members whose dues are up to date will be sent a link to the meeting via email. From that email, all you have to do is click on the link and it will bring you to the meeting.
Monday, September 13th
SWCLA Meeting Agenda
- 7:00p Meeting Start
- 8:00p Meeting wrap-up
Zoom meeting information will be emailed to SWCLA members on the day of the event and viewable online.
Open to SWCLA Members only. Pay annual dues then free. All SWCLA members whose dues are up to date will be sent a link to the meeting via email.
This event is operated by volunteers.
We have decided to change our September meeting to a Virtual Zoom Meeting.
Our first speaker(s) will be TeamSolar CEO James Neal &/or Sales Manager Keith McKinnon who offer an interesting service that enables landlords, at my first understanding, to “rent” their roofs for little solar farms to get around the idea that any solar on a roof owned by the landlord must be used only to support tenants’ electricity costs. We will all learn more at the meeting.
Our second speaker will be Hope Bowman, Chief Scientist Waltham Pest Services, talking about what pests to expect this fall with a handout that landlords can give to tenants encouraging anti-pest behavior.
For members of other Masslandlords Groups other than MWPOA there will be a $7 charge for a ticket
Tuesday, Septmber 14th
MetroWest Property Owners Association Meeting Agenda
- 6:00pm Networking Starts
- 6:30pm Business Update
- 6:45pm Meeting Starts
- 8:00pm Meeting Ends
Participation is Easy
As a result of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, our events have been replaced by webinars or virtual meetings
held during the traditional event time for each former location:
- Virtual meetings include optional audience participation via video, phone, and screenshare
and are not recorded.
- Webinars have limited participation options (typed questions only) and are recorded.
Pricing & RSVP
Open to the public! Membership is not required. *MWPOA Members* RSVP by emailing your full name to Laurel firstname.lastname@example.org
- MassLandlords.net/MWPOA Members pay $100 annual MWPOA dues and each meeting is free, just RSVP!
- MassLandlords.net Members and general public: $7
Zoom information will be sent to the email on file immediately after purchase and again on the day of the event. You can also find the details online here.
This event is operated by volunteers.
- 1515.September.WednesdayNo events
- 1616.September.ThursdayNo events
- 1717.September.FridayNo events
- 1818.September.SaturdayCambridge Innovation Center - 11th Floorhttps://masslandlords.net/event-web/2021-09-18-cambridge-crash-course/One Broadway Cambridge, MA 02134
Learn everything you need to succeed as an owner or manager of residential rental property in Massachusetts.
This fast-paced course is strictly limited to 16 participants to allow for detailed discussion and Q&A. Course tuition includes:
- Small group session with the Executive Director, a trained presenter and experienced landlord, and the attorney.
- A comprehensive agenda, see below.
- Your choice of two books:
- Every Landlord’s Tax Deduction Guide by NOLO,
- The Good Landlord by Peter Shapiro,
- Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher, and/or
- The Housing Manual by H. John Fisher.
- A bound summary of all material presented.
- Breakfast pastries, coffee, tea.
- Lunch sandwiches, sodas, chips, cookies; all dietary requirements satisfied, please notify us when you purchase a ticket.
- A MassLandlords ballpoint pen.
- A coupon for 10% off any MassLandlords annual membership.
- A MassLandlords certificate of completion and permission to use “MassLandlords Crash Course graduate” on your marketing material.
Saturday, September 18th, 2021
- 8:30 am – Introduction of MassLandlords and course participants
- 8:50 – Rental markets
- Urban, suburban, rural
- Luxury, college, professional, working, subsidized, rooming houses
- 9:05 – Property selection
- Lead paint (Legal highlight)
- Bones vs surfaces
- Repairs and renovations
- Durable vs beautiful
- What if I’m stuck with what I’ve got?
- 9:20 – Sales and marketing 101 for rental property managers
- Marketing rentals
- Sales process
- Staying organized
- Branding a small business
- Getting more or fewer calls
- Tips and tricks
- 10:05 – Break
- 10:15 – Applications and screening
- Criminal, credit, eviction
- Discrimination (legal highlight)
- Tenant Screening Workshop
- 11:20 – Rental Forms
- Lease vs Tenancy at Will
- Eviction notices
- 11:55 – Legal Matters start
- Late fees
- Security deposits
- Eviction process
- Water and electrical submetering
- Housing Court vs District Court
- Warranty of habitability
- Rent control
- 12:15 – Break and Lunch, with free form Q&A
- 12:45 – Legal Matters finish
- 1:45 – Maintenance, hiring, and operations
- Keeping the rent roll and expenses
- Filing taxes
- To manage or not to mange
- Tenants as customers
- Notifying tenants
- Monitoring contractors
- Lease violations and conflict resolution
- Record keeping
- 2:30 – Overview of books and resources for further education
- 2:35 – Review of unanswered questions
- 2:45 – End
Please note that end time may vary based on questions.
Cambridge Innovation Center
11th Floor, Singapore Room
Cambridge, MA 02134
Please note: CIC has several buildings in Kendall Square, two of them being adjacent to each other. The correct location for this event is the building with light colored concrete, vertical windows and a Dunkin Donuts on the ground level. You will NOT see a CIC sign. Refer to the image below.
Accessing from the T
- Exit the Kendall T stop on Main St.
- Cross to the side of Main St. with the Chipotle and walk up the street towards Broadway, passing the Chipotle on your left.
- You will then round the corner to the left and One Broadway will be across the street diagonally.
- Cross over Third St. and Broadway to arrive at One Broadway.
For all attendees Upon entering One Broadway, you will need to check in with the lobby security. You’ll just need to show your ID and let them know you’re going to the MassLandlords event and which floor.
Accessible by T and highway. Parking available in several garages for weekend rates. See CIC Directions for details. Pilgrim Parking has affordable rates and is a short walk from the venue, click here for details
- Fresh bagels, large muffins, cinnamon rolls, coffee cake slices and scones with cream cheese, butter, and jam
- Fresh fruit platter
- Assorted fruit juices and coffee
- Assorted gourmet sandwiches
- Garden salad
- Fruit salad
- Assorted pastries
- Soda, juice, water
*Please email email@example.com if you have any dietary restrictions and need a special meal.
Proof of Vaccination Required (additionally, masks required)
In order for us to reduce the risk to staff and attendees during this day-long course, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to enter unless there is a documented medical reason why you cannot be vaccinated. We accept without advance notice:
- CDC vaccination cards (or copies or scans) showing completion of an FDA-approved vaccination schedule at least two weeks earlier.
With advance notice we will also accept any app or other documentation produced by a foreign government. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to alert us that you will be bringing proof of vaccination from another country so we can prepare to validate it.
If due to medical reason you cannot be vaccinated, please plan to submit in advance a note from a qualified healthcare professional, on their letterhead, that you have a medical disability preventing you from being vaccinated at this time. A negative COVID test result will be required dated no more than three days prior. Email email@example.com to request a secure upload link for your letter and plan to bring your printed or scanned test result day-of.
Additionally, attendees and staff are required to wear a mask except when eating. Staff are vaccinated.
If you are unvaccinated for any reason other than a medical one, please plan to attend a zoom training event instead. You will be denied entry without proof of vaccination or a previously filed medical exemption. Learn more about vaccines from the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Non-members: $215
- Members: $205 (log in before you register or you will see the non-member price)
- Online registration required. All ticket sales final.
Please note: this event is run by MassLandlords staff.
Find events by location, from west to east:
- Pittsfield (RHABC): 3rd Tuesday
- West Springfield (RHAGS): 2nd Thursday
- Southbridge (SWCLA): 1st Monday
- Worcester (WPOA): 2nd Wednesday
- Fitchburg (NWCLA): 2nd Thursday
- Marlborough (MWPOA): 2nd Tuesday
- Waltham (CRRHA): 1st Wednesday
- Cambridge: 3rd Tuesday
Technical note about purchasing:
Due to a technical limitation of our site, you will need to purchase tickets one at a time. After the first purchase additional tickets can be purchased with one click, without reentering your information.
If you have trouble purchasing online, mark your calendar and come pay at the door. If any event were to sell out we would send an email. Make sure you are on our mailing list and subscribed to updates about local events.
If you have any questions concerning events, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.