- There are gaps in the data when viewed across time. We are joining two datasets: "Filing Data" and "Outcomes Data". The date ranges covered by each are being updated below.
- There are gaps in the data when viewed across addresses. Some cases listed in MassCourts do not have addresses visible when we read them. Between 5 and 15% of cases statewide are not properly addressed when filed and we are implementing a new process to re-read these until an address appears.
- The eviction records search is only one piece of an appropriately thorough rental real estate due diligence process. Before making any investment, consult with an attorney about considerations specific to rental real estate, including but not limited to tenant estoppels, transfer of security deposits, transfer of rental agreements, deleading certificates, certificates of fitness, and registration if applicable. Also consult with an attorney about basic real estate due diligence requirements including title search, inspection, permits for completed renovations, and zoning.
- Commercial evictions are not included. Data are for residential evictions only.
- Visit MassCourts.org to learn more about any given result. We cannot link to individual cases so you must choose the appropriate court department (regions = "Housing Court"; towns = "District Court") and search by "Case Number."
- For higher level town and county data, see Massachusetts Eviction Data and Housing Court Statistics.
- See the full article written about this search feature for guidance using this tool.