Every rental manager likes their own forms. What's offered here is a complete set of landlord forms that you can modify. These forms are a good starting place for Massachusetts rental real estate. Click here for Rental Agreement Rundown
If you're not yet a paid member, you can only view content marked as (Free).
Disclaimer: The content and materials provided on this site are meant to be for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing on this site is meant to act as legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. Much of the content is provided by third-parties and is not vetted by MassLandlords. We advise you contact an attorney.
Which of these Landlord Forms do I Need?
Imagine your business is a "process" for providing temporary housing. The process has different steps:
- Screen the prospective tenants before you give a tour.
- Screen the prospective tenants before you sign an agreement.
- Sign an agreement before you hand over the keys.
- Operate the apartment.
- Help the tenants leave your property.
- Return their security deposit and file their records.
The Complete Set of Massachusetts Landlord Forms
Step One: Screening
- Applicant Qualifier
- Applicant Qualifier International Students
- Application Instructions
- Application Checklist
- CORI Acknowledgement Form (Free)
- Application Fee Receipt (non-lessor brokers only)
- Security Deposit Receipt
- Move-in Money Receipt
- Request for Landlord Reference
- Verification of Disability for Reasonable Accommodation
- Adverse Action Letter
- The Main Agreement
- Animal Policy
- Bedbug Warning Sheet (Free)
- Agreement Checklist
- Cleaning Fees
- Conditions Statement
- Cosigner Guarantee
- Insect Infestation Addendum
- Lead Law Notification (Public)
- Mold Addendum
- No Smoking Addendum
- Security Deposit and Last Month's Rent Receipt (after bank)
- Summary of Addenda
- Trash Sheet
- Utilities Transfer Sheet
- Collect Rent Online
Step Four: Operations
- Annual Maintenance Checklist
- Emotional support animal request (see Verification of Disability for Reasonable Accommodation)
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Last Month's Rent Annual Statement
- Monthly Rental Invoice and Water Bill
- Renew Lease
- Rent Raise Form
- Rent Receipt
- Security Deposit Annual Statement
- Smoke Detector Inspection Form (Free)
- Written Information Security Plan (WISP)
Step Five-A: Moving Out
- Agreement to End Tenancy aka Cash for Keys
- Moving out Letter
- Moving out Checklist (for tenant)
- Vacancy checklist (for landlord)
Step Five-B: Eviction
- No longer required, for archival purposes only: Notice of Missed Payment During COVID-19 Eviction Moratorium
- Notice to Quit
- Summary Process Summons and Complaint
- Serenity Prayer (Public)
- Additional information on evictions
Step Six: Security Deposit Return
A note about file format: all of the forms are available in either Microsoft Word .docx, Microsoft Excel .xlsx, or Adobe .pdf. If you require a different format, email email@example.com.
We intend to review these forms and update them when one of three things happen:
- One year has passed since the last review.
- A new landlord tenant law is passed.
- A court case produces a new understanding.
Revisions for each document are identified by a version number in the file name. When you download the file, keep the version number. The next time you use your forms, you can compare each file's version number with the latest version listed here. You can then read our revision comments to see if you wish to update your form to our latest version.
A history of major reviews:
- September 2016 through February 2017: Incorporation of best practices from the Rental Housing Association of Greater Springfield and Western Division of the Housing Court. Lyons and Fitzpatrick, Record Title advising in some instances.
- January, 2015: Incorporation of best practices from the Worcester Property Owners Association and Worcester Division of the Housing Court. Various attorneys advising in some instances.
- May 2014 through September, 2014: Incorporation of best practices from Greater Boston. Alford and Bertrand advising in some instances.