Buy tickets for rental real estate networking and training.
Russell Sabadosa, East Longmeadow
Jane Gasek, Worcester
Open to the public! Membership is not required.
|Public Ticket||Member Ticket|
|Southbridge - Mon 02/03
|Free for first time||Free|
|Waltham - Wed 02/05
How to Take a Security Deposit
|Fitchburg - Thu 02/06
|$15||$20||NWCLA members pay annual
dues, then free.
|Marlborough - Tue 02/11
Lead Paint and Deleading with Mary Chabot
|$5||MWPOA members pay annual
dues then free, just RSVP!
|Worcester - Wed 02/12
To Renovate or Not, Tax Escalation Clauses
|Longmeadow - Thu 02/13
Rental Applications, Dealing with the Unreasonable
|Pittsfield - Tue 02/18
Brian Duval Building Inspector: Have you registered?
|Free||Dinner, typically around $25.
Contact Rick for more info
|Cambridge - Tue 02/18
Rental Applications, Tenant Screening
|Cambridge - Sat 02/22
The MassLandlords Crash Course in Landlording
|Webinar - Fri 02/28
Buying or Selling Occupied Property
Early bird pricing available until noon seven days prior.
- 1212.January.SundayNo events
- 1313.January.MondayNo events
- 1414.January.TuesdayState House, Gardner Auditoriumhttps://masslandlords.net/event-web/boston-2020-01-14/24 Beacon St, Boston, MA
Thanks to our Property Rights Supporters, our early warning system has notified us of a major upcoming hearing:
Tuesday, January 14, 10:30a to 3p
State House, Gardner Auditorium
Bill text does not remain constant during the legislative process, but it is critical that owners, managers, brokers, and others in the real estate industry speak in favor of or in opposition to the various bills being heard.
- Do you think rent control is a bad idea? Then come speak against rent control.
- Do you want the option to put your real estate into an LLC, or will it to your children? Then speak against right of first refusal.
See all bills and RSVP your attendance by clicking below.
Tuesday, January 14th
- 7:00am Breakfast and networking at 50 Milk St.; you can use the room to beat traffic, arrive early and work, make calls if you want
- 10:30am Hearing begins at State House
- 3:00pm Hearing scheduled to end at State House
- 5:00pm? Hearing expected to go over
- 6:00pm? Dinner at 50 Milk St.
- 8:00pm Doors close
Pre-hearing and Post-hearing location:
First Floor, Anchor Room (through cafe)
50 Milk St.
Boston, MA 02110
State House, Gardner Auditorium
24 Beacon St.
Boston, MA 02133
Cheapest best parking for 50 Milk is the Post Office Square Garage or 33 Arch St Parking. Or take the red or orange line.
- Water, juice
- Sandwiches or wraps delivered to the State House, cannot be eaten in the hearing room
- Tossed salad, pasta salad
- Water, sodas
- Mini Pastries
- Hot Buffet, incl. salad and rolls
- Water, Sodas
- Cookies, brownies
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
This event is operated by MassLandlords staff.
v1Marlborough Fish and Gamehttps://masslandlords.net/event-web/marlborough-2020-01-14/1 Muddy Ln, Marlborough, MA 01752, USA
We’ll be having a round table (really, whole room) discussion about any rental real estate topics.
This meeting is a great opportunity for attendees to learn from each other’s experiences.
Bring your questions about tenant issues, lease agreements and addenda, or best practices.
Attendees are welcome to share their own experiences, warnings, pearls of wisdom, and more. Participation is not required, you’re welcome to come and just listen.
This event will be moderated by volunteers and/or staff with significant and compliant rental experience.
Tuesday, January 14th
MetroWest Property Owners Association Meeting Agenda
- 6:30pm Registration, socializing and dinner
- 7:00pm MassLandlords Business Update
- 7:15pm Program starts
Marlborough Fish and Game
1 Muddy Ln
Marlborough, MA 01752
- Hot buffet
Pricing & RSVP
Open to the public! Membership is not required. *MWPOA Members* RSVP by emailing your full name to Laurel email@example.com
- MassLandlords.net/MWPOA Members pay $100 annual MWPOA dues and each meeting is free, just RSVP!
- MassLandlords.net Members and general public: $5
This event is operated by volunteers.
- 1515.January.WednesdayNo events
- 1616.January.ThursdayNo events
Worcester and Webcast Fri Jan 17 (snow date Jan 24): Housing Court eFiling Training, Procedural Updates, and Landlord/Attorney Feedback to the CourtWorcester Law Libraryhttps://masslandlords.net/event-web/worcester-2020-01-17/184 Main St, 3rd Floor, Worcester, MA 01608, USA
Housing Court staff including judges and clerks will give important procedural updates including a brief review of the case of Davis v Comerford
and a review of housing court expansion (with many new hires).
Attendees will also be trained on the new eFiling system for summary process (eviction) and small claims cases.
eFiling in the Housing Court will be mandatory for attorneys effective January 27, 2020 and
pro se landlords. Finally, attendees will have the option to give feedback on any issues that concern them. This event is open to all (renters, landlords, and attorneys welcome).
This event will be a joint public service by MassLandlords and Housing Court staff (no charge).
Attendees will not be getting legal advice. We’ll be having a generic discussion in layperson’s terms and covering procedural guidance and
The event room has capacity for 104. If you can travel, it will be worth the effort. If traveling is not feasible, you can watch live from your home or office. See below for
This special event is a great opportunity to learn from Housing Court staff, ask procedural questions in a safe space about how you run your business,
and amend your practice before it becomes an issue. Reminder: we will not be giving out legal advice. Questions must be framed in a generic way, and must pertain to court procedure only.
This event will be live streamed free. Due to the cost of video storage and hosting, recordings after the fact will be made available only to members.
- Jorge Ghazal – Administrative Attorney
- Keith Tan – Field Coordinator
- Caroline Quan – Performance analyst
- Ben Adeyinka, Administrative Attorney
- James Sharpe –eCourts Project Coordinator
Have you seen our Leave Stuff, Take Stuff Table?
Market your business, pick up handouts, give away an old doorknob. Everything goes on our first-come, first-served display table at all our events. Please bring business cards, brochures, coupons. And feel free to pick up your own uncollected marketing materials at the end. Everything not claimed end-of-event may be chucked.
Friday, January 17th (snow date Friday, January 24)
- 12:00pm Sign-in/Networking
- This event will draw from Springfield to Boston, Attleboro to Lowell. It is not necessary to register in advance.
- 12:30pm Opening Remarks by MassLandlords Executive Director Doug Quattrochi
- 12:35pm Housing Court staff on Davis v Comerford, mandatory eFiling and usage of the software, questions and answers.
- 2:30pm Networking or one-on-one questions
- 3:00pm Doors close
In Person: Worcester Law Library
184 Main St
Worcester, MA 01608
Downtown Worcester has numerous paid garages and paid on-street parking.
The cheapest, most readily available parking is the Worcester Public Library at 3 Salem St, half a mile away ($3 for three hours, credit card accepted).
The closest parking is Court Park at Main St. and Martin Luther King Jr Blvd.
This location is 0.7 miles from the MBTA commuter rail Worcester Union Station, Worcester/Framingham line.
Due to technical difficulty (it looks like our networked video card was damaged in storage) the live stream is canceled. Recording of audio and video is still taking place, and the recording link will be posted here as soon as available.
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16468769923,,959812090# or +14086380968,,959812090#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 669 900 6833
Webinar ID: 959 812 090
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/aezzlVDnur
Video Recording: https://masslandlords.net/laws/housing-court/
This recently renovated public space is fully handicapped accessible.
- BYO sandwich or order in advance. Purchase of a meal ticket comes with sandwich, drink and cookie. No purchase necessary.
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
Free without food. Registration is NOT required for in-person attendance. Previous event listings said registration was required, do not register. Just mark your calendar and come! You only need to register (and pay) if you want lunch.
$20 Lunch (from a different provider than last year)
This event is operated by MassLandlords staff. Check in with your MassLandlords ID card.
- 1818.January.SaturdayCambridge Innovation Centerhttps://masslandlords.net/event-web/cambridge-2020-01-18/One Broadway, 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Learn everything you need to succeed as an owner or manager of residential rental property in Massachusetts.
This fast-paced course is strictly limited to 16 participants to allow for detailed discussion and Q&A. Course tuition includes:
- Small group session with the Executive Director, a trained presenter and experienced landlord, and the attorney.
- A comprehensive agenda, see below.
- Your choice of two books:
- Every Landlord’s Tax Deduction Guide by NOLO,
- The Good Landlord by Peter Shapiro,
- Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher, and/or
- The Housing Manual by H. John Fisher.
- A bound summary of all material presented.
- Breakfast pastries, coffee, tea.
- Lunch sandwiches, sodas, chips, cookies; all dietary requirements satisfied, please notify us when you purchase a ticket.
- A MassLandlords ballpoint pen.
- A coupon for 10% off any MassLandlords annual membership.
- A MassLandlords certificate of completion and permission to use “MassLandlords Crash Course graduate” on your marketing material.
Saturday, January 18th, 2019
- 8:30 am – Introduction of MassLandlords and course participants
- 8:50 – Rental markets
- Urban, suburban, rural
- Luxury, college, professional, working, subsidized, rooming houses
- 9:05 – Property selection
- Lead paint (Legal highlight)
- Bones vs surfaces
- Repairs and renovations
- Durable vs beautiful
- What if I’m stuck with what I’ve got?
- 9:20 – Sales and marketing 101 for rental property managers
- Marketing rentals
- Sales process
- Staying organized
- Branding a small business
- Getting more or fewer calls
- Tips and tricks
- 10:05 – Break
- 10:15 – Applications and screening
- Criminal, credit, eviction
- Discrimination (legal highlight)
- Tenant Screening Workshop
- 11:10 – Rental Forms
- Lease vs Tenancy at Will
- Eviction notices
- 11:35 – Legal Matters start
- Late fees
- Security deposits
- Eviction process
- Water and electrical submetering
- Housing Court vs District Court
- Warranty of habitability
- Rent control
- 12:00 – Break and Lunch, with free form Q&A
- 12:30 – Legal Matters finish
- 1:10 – Maintenance, hiring, and operations
- Keeping the rent roll and expenses
- Filing taxes
- To manage or not to mange
- Tenants as customers
- Notifying tenants
- Monitoring contractors
- Lease violations and conflict resolution
- Record keeping
- 1:50 – Overview of books and resources for further education
- 1:55 – Review of unanswered questions
- 2:05 – End
Cambridge Innovation Center
Cambridge, MA 02134
Please note: CIC has several buildings in Kendall Square, two of them being adjacent to each other. The correct location for this event is the building with light colored concrete, vertical windows and a Dunkin Donuts on the ground level. You will NOT see a CIC sign. Refer to the image below.
Accessing from the T
- Exit the Kendall T stop on Main St.
- Cross to the side of Main St. with the Chipotle and walk up the street towards Broadway, passing the Chipotle on your left.
- You will then round the corner to the left and One Broadway will be across the street diagonally.
- Cross over Third St. and Broadway to arrive at One Broadway.
For all attendees Upon entering One Broadway, you will need to check in with the lobby security. You’ll just need to show your ID and let them know you’re going to the MassLandlords event and which floor.
Accessible by T and highway. Parking available in several garages for weekend rates. See CIC Directions for details. Pilgrim Parking has affordable rates and is a short walk from the venue, click here for details
- Fresh bagels, large muffins, cinnamon rolls, coffee cake slices and scones with cream cheese, butter, and jam
- Fresh fruit platter
- Assorted fruit juices and coffee
- Assorted gourmet sandwiches
- Garden salad
- Fruit salad
- Assorted pastries
- Soda, juice, water
*Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any dietary restrictions and need a special meal.
- Non-members: $205
- Members: $195 (log in before you register or you will see the non-member price)
- Online registration required. All ticket sales final.
Please note: this event is run by MassLandlords staff.
Find events by location, from west to east:
- Pittsfield (RHABC): 3rd Tuesday
- West Springfield (RHAGS): 2nd Thursday
- Southbridge (SWCLA): 1st Monday
- Worcester (WPOA): 2nd Wednesday
- Fitchburg (NWCLA): 2nd Thursday
- Marlborough (MWPOA): 2nd Tuesday
- Waltham (CRRHA): 1st Wednesday
- Cambridge: 3rd Tuesday
Technical note about purchasing:
Due to a technical limitation of our site, you will need to purchase tickets one at a time. After the first purchase additional tickets can be purchased with one click, without reentering your information.
If you have trouble purchasing online, mark your calendar and come pay at the door. If any event were to sell out we would send an email. Make sure you are on our mailing list and subscribed to updates about local events.
If you have any questions concerning events, please contact us at email@example.com.