Buy tickets for rental real estate networking and training.
Russell Sabadosa, East Longmeadow
Jane Gasek, Worcester
Open to the public! Membership is not required.
|Public Ticket||Member Ticket|
|Webinar - Wed July 08
Oppose Rent Cancellation and Hear Our Alternative: A Fair and Equal Housing Guarantee via Surety Bonds, First Bill Text Released
|Free, open to public||Free, open to public|
|Fitchburg - Thu July 09
Keep Calm & Manage Property: Lease Ups in a COVID-19 World
|$10||NWCLA members: pay annual dues, then free|
|Virtual Crash Course Two Days - Sat July 11 & July 18
The MassLandlords Crash Course in Landlording
|Statewide Virtual Meeting - Thu July 16
Rent Control: Theory, History, and Talking Points for Massachusetts
|Webinar - Wed July 22
Eviction Moratorium Update
Early bird pricing available until noon seven days prior.
- 0909.October.WednesdayWorcester Technical High Schoolhttps://masslandlords.net/event-web/worcester-2019-10-09/1 Skyline Dr, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Part I: Repair and Renovation Laws and Regulations
We’ll be reviewing Massachusetts laws on residential repair and construction.
We’ll cover which trades require being licensed, which kinds of contractors must be registered,
and we’ll cover permits and inspections.
The goal is to give owners and managers knowledge to identify contractors who operate by the book, or a roadmap to become
licensed in your own right. As landlords we
must remain compliant at all times with the sanitary code and Chapter 93A the consumer protection statute.
Improperly done work will land us in hot water with our renters.
Part II: How to Vet and Manage Contractors
In this part of the meeting we’ll be talking about best practices for jobs big and small. Can you screen a contractor
like you can a renter, knowing that the person you do business with is not going to take your money and run?
How can you get a contractor to
show up each day? What do you need to do to protect yourself
against delays, cost overruns, or bad decisions? How do you manage access
to the premises, surprises, bidding, and subs? This will be a moderated discussion.
These presentations and discussions will be given by MassLandlords volunteers and staff.
Have you seen our Leave Stuff, Take Stuff Table?
Market your business, pick up handouts, give away an old doorknob. Everything goes on our first-come, first-served display table at all our events. Please bring business cards, brochures, coupons. And feel free to pick up your own uncollected marketing materials at the end. Everything not claimed end-of-event may be chucked.
“No Sales Pitch” Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a “No Sales Pitch” guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them.
We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful
educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Wednesday, October 9th
- 5:30pm Sign-in/Networking
- Networking draws from Worcester, Shrewsbury, Millbury, Auburn, Leicester, Paxton, Holden, West Boylston, Boylston, Grafton, Upton, Northbridge, Sutton, Oxford, Charlton, Spencer, Oakham, Rutland, Princeton, Clinton, and Sterling.
- 6:15pm Buffet Dinner by The Vintage Grille
- 6:40pm MassLandlords Business Update and Member Minutes
- Member Minutes – Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 7:00pm Rich Merlino Meeting Introduction
- 7:05pm Repair and Renovation Laws and Regulations
- 7:45pm How to Vet and Manage Contractors
- 9:00pm Doors close
Worcester Technical High School
1 Skyline Dr
Worcester, MA 01603
There is ample free parking in the first lot you see, in the covered garage to your left, on top of the garage (entrance further down road), and around the back of the school
- Cheese and crackers, sodas, water, coffee, decaf
- Hot buffet dinner, incl. salad, rolls
- Cookies, brownies, and/or blondies
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email email@example.com, we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Public: $24
- Members: $19
- Early-bird, reserve seven days prior by 12pm:
- Public: $22
- Members: $14
- Premium Members: No charge and no need to register
- First time attendees: Join as a member before leaving the event, your public ticket will be credited toward membership.
- Members: Bring a first-time attendee who joins at the event, your membership will be extended by one month free. No limit.
This event is operated by MassLandlords staff. Check in with your MassLandlords ID card.
Want to speak at a MassLandlords meeting? Submit a speaker request.
This is part of the Worcester rental real estate networking and training series.
- 5:30pm Sign-in/Networking
Find events by location, from west to east:
- Pittsfield (RHABC): 3rd Tuesday
- West Springfield (RHAGS): 2nd Thursday
- Southbridge (SWCLA): 1st Monday
- Worcester (WPOA): 2nd Wednesday
- Fitchburg (NWCLA): 2nd Thursday
- Marlborough (MWPOA): 2nd Tuesday
- Waltham (CRRHA): 1st Wednesday
- Cambridge: 3rd Tuesday
Technical note about purchasing:
Due to a technical limitation of our site, you will need to purchase tickets one at a time. After the first purchase additional tickets can be purchased with one click, without reentering your information.
If you have trouble purchasing online, mark your calendar and come pay at the door. If any event were to sell out we would send an email. Make sure you are on our mailing list and subscribed to updates about local events.
If you have any questions concerning events, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.