We'll start with a quick refresher (or if you're a new landlord, an introduction) to checking criminal records in Massachusetts. It's $25 and a great conversation starter with your prospective tenant. "Why yes, actually, I was in the news!" Landlords have special access to more data than a third party provider. Come find out how to get it for yourself.
This segment will be presented by MassLandlords Executive Director Doug Quattrochi.
It can pay to DIY, but there are lots of reasons why hiring a professional manager might become your best choice. This segment will be useful for owners with existing managers, owners looking to hire a manager, or owners with no plans to manage who might hire in the future.
In this segment, we'll talk about the pros and cons of working with a management company, essentials of property management, fee structures, and additional perks you might not be aware of.
We'll also share the story of how a hands-off approach to management can leave you literally with all your circuit breakers wired together. Come to this event and leave with ideas for your own DIY management or hiring, as suits your preference.
This segment will be presented by Lucas Merchant and Nate Gopen founders of MerGo Property Management.
Nate owns properties, and Lucas has been in property management for five years. Their company comes with recommendations from inside the MassLandlords network. Their presentation will be strictly educational, no sales pitch. Even if you’re not considering hiring them, you can call them for questions.
Have you seen our Leave Stuff, Take Stuff Table?
Market your business, pick up handouts, give away an old doorknob. Everything goes on our first-come, first-served display table at all our events. Please bring business cards, brochures, coupons. And feel free to pick up your own uncollected marketing materials at the end. Everything not claimed end-of-night may be chucked.
Tuesday, May 15th
Cambridge Meeting Agenda
- 5:30pm Sign-in and Networking
- Networking draws from Cambridge, Boston, Somerville, Arlington, Belmont, Watertown, and Malden.
- 6:00pm Buffet Dinner
- 6:40pm Executive Director Doug Quattrochi with the MassLandlords Business Update
- Member Minutes - Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 7:00pm Checking Criminal Records
- 7:25pm How to Select, Hire, and Manage a Property Manager
- 8:20pm Networking
- 9:00pm Doors close
Cambridge Innovation Center
1 Broadway (5th Floor)
Cambridge, MA 02142
ID required Upon entering One Broadway, you will need to check in with the lobby security. You'll just need to show your ID and let them know you're going to the MassLandlords event in the 5th floor Venture Cafe.
Accessing from the T
- Exit the Kendall T stop on Main St.
- Cross to the northeast side of Main St. with the Marriott and Chipotle and walk down the street away from Cambridge towards the Longfellow Bridge to Boston.
- Cross through the plaza with the five-foot high metal globe; One Broadway is the building undergoing construction across the next street.
- Cross over Broadway to arrive at One Broadway.
Accessible by T and highway. Parking available in several garages for weekend rates. See CIC Directions for details. Pilgrim Parking is $10 enter after 4pm, a two-minute walk from One Broadway, click here for details
- Buffet, incl. salad and rolls
- Water, sodas
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email firstname.lastname@example.org, we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Non-members always welcome!
- Public: $28.00
- Members: $18.00
- Early-bird, reserve by 4/10 @ 12pm:
- Public: $23.00
- Members: $13.50
This event is operated by MassLandlords staff.