This page describes MassLandlords' tax status, bylaws, elections, and other governance matters.
MassLandlords, Inc. is a 501(c)6 nonprofit trade association incorporated for the benefit of members in good standing, like you. Our mission is to create better rental housing by helping new, current, and prospective owners run profitable, compliant, quality businesses. Our tagline is "Better Communities. Better Policy. Better Lives."
We have two democratic governance mechanisms:
Each year we elect a new Director to the Board of Directors to serve a five year term. The Board of Directors are responsible for carrying out the mission of the association, and in particular, hire or fire the Executive Director, who carries out operations.
At any time, members may complete or update our Policy Priorities Survey. This survey contains a variety of specific policy proposals that members may choose to endorse or oppose. The association takes its official position based on member consensus, not on the opinion of any one person or the Board.
To view bylaws and Board of Director contact details, you must be logged-in and be a member in good standing.
Read About Elections and Volunteering
- MassLandlords Annual Business Meeting and Annual Elections
- MassLandlords Annual Elections: Volunteers Needed
Nominate someone for Board of Directors or Good Neighbor
- 2016 June 8: RHAGS Dissolution and Transfer, Name Change
- 2016 Elections
- 2017 Elections.
- Related Article: 2017 Annual Elections Results (January 6, 2018)
- 2018 Elections.
- Related Article: 5 Reasons to Nominate for the Board of Directors Right Now
- 2019 Elections.
- Related Article: Annual Elections 2019: Nominations Open
- Related Article: 2019 MassLandlords Annual Election Results: Kasabula, Hoffman
- 2020 Elections.
- 2021 Elections
- Related Article: September Notice for 2021 Annual Business Meeting and Elections
- 2022 Elections