This presentation will be a free ranging interview between two experienced landlords. We will cover, among other things:
- Building processes to be efficient and compliant
- Making connections to help you manage, acquire, and divest
- Leveraging technology to be efficient
- Differentiating yourself in a crowded market
Attendees will leave knowing how to succeed and with likely half a dozen ideas to implement in your business.
Our expert interviewee will be Russell Sabadosa of Premier Choice Realty. Russell founded Premier Choice Realty in 1993, which has grown from a property management company to a full-service real estate brokerage. Russell is president and oversees all aspects of the rental and sales on a daily basis. Russell is the owner of over 100 rental units across multiple LLCs with property sizes of 2 units to 28 units. Russell has brokered over 50 million in multi-family units across several multi-million-dollar and or multi-property transactions. Other positions held adding to Sabadosa's management and leadership skills were project engineer 1989-1995 for large corporate Raytheon aerospace, IT director for small private company Commonwealth Packaging 1995-2002, and public sector for the state of Connecticut Manchester Community College as full tenured professor 2002-2015. Since 2015 Sabadosa has been focusing solely on Premier Choice Realty growth and community service. Sabadosa serves on the board of directors for:
- MassLandlords, member since 1995,
- Realtor Commercial Alliance MA since 2018 - President 2021
- MA Association of Realtors since 2017
- President Rental Housing Association of Greater Springfield - 2008-2015
- The Meadows Masons - Assistant Treasurer since 2015 - Board of directors since 2018
Sabadosa enjoys mentoring young entrepreneurs and encouraging them to engage in volunteering and leadership positions at professional and community organizations. Personal interests include travel, skiing, and motorcycle riding.
Part of this presentation will be given by Rich Merlino. Rich has managed apartments since 2003 and prides himself on his mostly plagiarized systemization of each aspect of property management (learn from the best!). He is a member of the MassLandlords Board of Directors.
"No Sales Pitch" Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a "No Sales Pitch" guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them. We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Open to attendees statewide
This event is regionally branded in keeping with a local tradition. This region used to meet in-person on this day at this time. You are welcome to participate in this virtual meeting no matter where you are in the state.
Thursday, May 13th
Virtual Meeting Agenda
- 5:00pm Sign-in and virtual networking: you can chit chat with others as people log in
- 5:40pm MassLandlords Business Update and Member Minutes
- Member Minutes - Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 6:00pm Interview with Russell Sabadosa
- 7:00pm Virtual meeting ends
Participation is Easy
As a result of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, our events have been replaced by webinars or virtual meetings held during the traditional event time for each former location:
- Virtual meetings include optional audience participation via video, phone, and screenshare and are not recorded.
- Webinars have limited participation options (typed questions only) and are recorded.
Our virtual registration desk is open for all events one hour starting 30 minutes prior to the event start time. Call 774-314-1896 or email email@example.com for live, real-time help signing in and using your technology.
If joining a virtual meeting, please use the zoom "test audio" feature. You will be allowed to talk to others if your microphone is good and there is no background noise. We reserve the right to mute anyone for any reason. Attendees without a microphone or who don't want to be heard can type questions.
Virtual Meeting Details (hosted by Zoom)
We will share our video, audio, and computer screen and slides.
- Optional: You can share your video with everyone, talk to everyone, and type chat with everyone. Video sharing is not required. Talking is not required.
Password will be emailed and viewable online.
Topic: Virtual Meeting May 13, 2021 Interview with Russell Sabadosa Time: May 13, 2021 05:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81743613287 Meeting ID: 817 4361 3287 Passcode: Will be emailed and viewable online Dial by your location +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 646 876 9923 US (New York) +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC) +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose) +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma) Meeting ID: 817 4361 3287 Passcode: Will be emailed and viewable online Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/keBeHaO5Lf
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Contemporaneous participation:
- Public: $10
- Members: $7
- Premium Members: No charge and no need to register. Click here for meeting details and password.
This event will not be recorded. Slides and handouts, if any, will be posted at Resources.
This event is operated by MassLandlords staff.
Want to speak at a MassLandlords meeting? Submit a speaker request.
This is part of the Springfield rental real estate networking and training series.
Google calendar users: add our event calendar to your own.
iPhone & iPad users: add our event calendar to iCal.