Independent Contractor Agreement
Our independent contractor agreement is a member-contributed form. It has been sent for attorney review but this version has not been reviewed by an attorney. We know it is very one-sidedly pro-landlord.
- Attorney reviewed (JRG Legal)
- Clarified that contractor-caused delays in start date will still trigger late completion penalties
- Clarified that independent contractor choices must still be within the general specification of the owner
- Reworked dumpster costs to be explicit about defaults and cost methods
- Added restriction on Contractors who use residential trash facilities improperly
- Clarified the payment dispute/stop-work process
- Added an early completion bonus to parallel the late completion penalty
- Clarified wording on arbitration
- Added a restriction on the Owner posting disparaging comments about the Contractor to parallel the restriction on the Contractor posting about the Owner
- Reworded construction of agreement section re: ambiguity
- Removed special stipulations section (covered elsewhere)
- Edits for grammar and specificity
- MassLandlords staff/attorney internal revisions
- Member generated form
To view this form, you must be logged-in and a member in good standing
To view all of this presentation, you must be logged-in and a member in good standing.
Slides are available only for members in good standing who are logged in.