WPOA June 2015
Operational Best Practices
We started with the usual Business Update.
This meeting was a chance to check ourselves against other landlords:
- How do you stay on top of all the demands on your time?
- Doug Quattrochi gave a cliff notes version of David Allen’s Getting Things Done, a productivity system used by thousands of owners and managers.
- Are your water bills higher or lower than average? (no video)
- Attendees brought copies of their recent water bills and saw where they ranked against other attendees.
- The two landlords with the lowest and highest per-resident water usage each won a Home Depot gift card (one for doing a good job, one because they could use the help).
- Should you be using property management software?
- Buildium, a Boston-based startup, walked attendees through software that we know people use and like.