April 2017: Opioid Emergency Training & LLCs, INCs and Trusts
Thinking about putting your properties into an entity? Concerned about the opiate epidemic plaguing our community? We’ve all pondered these things and this month we learned about them from the experts!
Doug Quattrochi presented on the ‘Free Rent Trick’ and Insurance vs. Corporate Entities. The ‘Free Rent Trick’ is a landlord’s worst nightmare: what seems like a good tenant moves in, destroys your unit and gets to leave without paying. We learned how to prevent a ‘free rent trick’ disaster. Doug also covered topics like: homesteads, insurance risks, and risk containment. We now know that LLCs are like castles and insurance is like an army.
Amy George is the Clinical Outreach Director at Sunspire Health. She devotes the majority of her time to educating people on addiction, the opioid epidemic and the use of Narcan. Whether you’ve been touched by this wide-spread problem or not, with the knowledge we learned from Amy, we could now save a life!
Tuesday, April 18th
- 6:20pm Networking (attendees may order food during this time if they wish)
- Cash Bar (at attendee’s expense)
- 6:45pm Local Leader Calls Meeting to Order
- 6:50pm Executive Director Doug Quattrochi with the MassLandlords Business Update
- 7:05pm Addiction and Narcan with Amy George
- 7:25pm LLCs, INCs and Trusts
- 8:00pm Networking at the Bar
- 8:30pm Room Closes (attendees are free to network at the bar for as long as they wish)
Garcia Brogan’s (Private Room)
240 Moody St
Waltham, MA 02453
If you were unable to come to this meeting, you can download the files below to see what you missed! You must be logged as a member to see all meeting content.