8 Things Landlords Wish Their Tenants Knew
Landlords and tenants sometimes don’t see eye-to-eye, but if tenants knew these 8 things, life might be better for everyone.
- Never use the garbage disposal for a whole pot of rice, potatoes, or pasta. Starches just get smeared onto the insides of your downstream pipes. They create the worst kitchen sink clogs imaginable.
- Don’t take furniture or mattresses off the street. Bedbugs are probably lurking inside!
- Turn up your stereo as loud as you normally like, then step into the hallway or common area. If you can hear your stereo, it’s too loud.
- Communicate frequently and respectfully. Landlords are people, too. We might legitimately not know that you have been having a problem.
- Clean your shower at least once a week. Regular wipe-downs prevent mold and are easier than scrubbing once a month. It’s only hard work if you let it go.
- Most of your rent goes to pay the mortgage, taxes, and insurance. Most of the rest goes to repairs. Pay on time so the landlord can keep your home in good shape.
- No subletting and no unauthorized adults without the landlord’s written permission. Your home is safe because the landlord keeps a tight watch over who gets a key.
- If you end up in court owing rent, you will eventually lose. Create a credible plan to pay the rent, like finding roommates, or else find a cheaper place to live as soon as possible.
So those are 8 things landlords wish their tenants knew. Feel free to share this list in your tenant newsletter! Do you have other suggestions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
One Response to 8 Things Landlords Wish Their Tenants Knew
[…] post 8 Things Landlords Wish Their Tenants Knew appeared first on […]