Review of the State Sanitary Code
Unlike the building code, which is usually inspected only at time of permit completion,
the state sanitary code applies in all rentals all the time, and can be inspected at any time. Are your units compliant?
Few units are fully compliant. We'll review the code in easy-to-understand detail and help you get a sense of where you may need to make repairs or improvements.
This segment will be presentation-style with MassLandlords staff.
Part II: Surprising Pro Tips for Insurance
Do you have ordinance or law coverage? Are you prepared for any disaster?
Whether it's a fire or a lawsuit, you need insurance to protect your assets.
We'll start off with insurance do's and don'ts and the top five ways to reduce claims and premium costs.
We'll then explain the difference between replacement cost vs cash value,
the need for vacancy insurance,
and common things landlords miss that increase litigation exposure.
This part of the presentation will be given by Matthew Pelrine, Account Executive for NorthStar Insurance Services.
Matthew works with clients to implement comprehensive and cost-effective insurance and risk management solutions;
his main areas of focus include real estate and construction. In addition to his work with NorthStar, Matt has served on
the Builders and Remodelers Association of Greater Boston’s Board of Directors since January, 2016 and was elected
as the Association’s Treasurer this past January. Prior to joining NorthStar in 2013, Matt proudly served our country with the United States Marine Corps for
six years. Matt is a graduate of the University of Connecticut, where he played on the men’s lacrosse team.
Have you seen our Leave Stuff, Take Stuff Table?
Market your business, pick up handouts, give away an old doorknob. Everything goes on our first-come, first-served display table at all our events. Please bring business cards, brochures, coupons. And feel free to pick up your own uncollected marketing materials at the end. Everything not claimed end-of-night may be chucked.
"No Sales Pitch" Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a "No Sales Pitch" guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them.
We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful
educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Tuesday, November 19th
Cambridge Meeting Agenda
- 5:30pm Sign-in and Networking
- Networking draws from Cambridge, Boston, Somerville, Arlington, Belmont, Watertown, and Malden.
- 6:00pm Buffet Dinner
- 6:40pm Executive Director Doug Quattrochi with the MassLandlords Business Update
- Member Minutes - Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 7:00pm Review of the State Sanitary Code
- 8:30pm Surprising Pro Tips for Insurance
- 9:00pm Doors close
Cambridge Innovation Center
1 Broadway (5th Floor)
Cambridge, MA 02142
CIC has several buildings in Kendall Square, two of them being adjacent to each other. The correct location for this event is the building with light colored concrete, vertical windows and a Dunkin Donuts on the ground level. You will NOT
see a CIC sign. Refer to the image below.
ID required Upon entering One Broadway, you will need to check in with the lobby security. You'll just need to show your ID and let them know you're going to the MassLandlords event in the 5th floor Venture Cafe.
Accessing from the T
- Exit the Kendall T stop on Main St.
- Cross to the northeast side of Main St. with the Marriott and Chipotle and walk down the street away from Cambridge towards the Longfellow Bridge to Boston.
- Cross through the plaza with the five-foot high metal globe; One Broadway is the building undergoing construction across the next street.
- Cross over Broadway to arrive at One Broadway.
Just $10 at Pilgrim Parking, enter after 4pm, a two-minute walk from One Broadway, click here for details. Be careful, some garages are $30. Accessible by T (red line Kendall Square) and highway. For additional parking options see CIC Directions.
- Buffet, incl. salad and rolls
- Water, sodas
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email email@example.com, we will accommodate you.
Leftover food is donated to members and/or homeless shelters.
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Early-bird, reserve seven days prior by 12pm:
Nametags are printed for early-bird public, early-bird member, and premium members only.
- First time attendees: Join as a member before leaving the event, your public ticket will be credited toward membership.
- Members: Bring a first-time attendee who joins at the event, your membership will be extended by one month free. No limit.