- Do you think it's unfair that a renter can trash your apartment and live there rent free while the courts make you fix it? If so, then you need to speak in favor of rent escrow, which would close the free rent trick loophole.
- Do you think it's unfair that landlords have to pay for an attorney, even if we don't want one, and through our real estate and income taxes, now we will have to pay for our renter's attorney, as well? If so, then you need to speak against one version of right to counsel.
- Do you think it's unfair that bad tenants -- indeed all tenants -- will have their names expunged from the eviction record, such that landlords have no way to know whether the applicant before them was evicted, or for what reason, or how much they disrupted their previous community? If so, then you need to speak against eviction sealing.
Tuesday, July 16th
- 11:30pm Lunch and networking at 50 Milk St.
- 12:45pm Walk to State House (0.4 mi)
- 1:00pm Hearing begins at State House
- 5:00pm Hearing ends at State House
- 5:15pm Dinner at 50 Milk St.
- 6:30pm Doors close
LocationPre-hearing and Post-hearing location: Meridian Event Room, 5th Floor 50 Milk St. Boston, MA 02110 Hearing location: State House, Rm A-1 24 Beacon St. Boston, MA 02133
Cheapest best parking for 50 Milk is the Post Office Square Garage or 33 Arch St Parking. Or take the red or orange line.
Cheapest best parking for the State House is under the Common (Boston Common Garage).
- Fresh sandwiches and wraps
- Tossed salad, pasta salad
- Water, sodas
- Mini Pastries
- Hot Buffet, incl. salad and rolls
- Water, Sodas
- Cookies, brownies
PricingFREE. Open to the public. Membership is not required!