No presentation today, just come and share or learn the best tips for installing and using security cameras:
- Did you know we cannot record audio, and that a sign saying we do is no help?
- Have you adopted a "power over ethernet" system?
- Was your system installed by a security company or an electrician?
- Have cameras reduced lost packages?
- Have cameras increased your workload with renter and police requests?
- Do you wish you installed your cameras sooner or not at all?
- Where can cameras be located and where not?
- How can you turn off sound recording on an Arlo, Ring or other system?
- Have you used cameras to give you property maintenance information, like lawn mowing compliance, snow clearing or meter readings?
- Anything else related!
Are you already a security camera expert? Attend and give back to the association by sharing how you upgraded your property.
Attendees will leave having hopefully shared, learned or both. Speaking is optional, you can come and just listen. This discussion will be moderated.
Chat will be moderated by Doug Quattrochi, Executive Director, MassLandlords, Inc. Doug was a founding member of MassLandlords in 2013. He became the association's first Executive Director under new bylaws in 2014. Since then, he has scaled the organization from a core of 160 members in Worcester to approximately 2,500 dues paying businesses from Pittsfield to the Cape, and from an all-volunteer team to approximately 20 full and part-time staff plus 50 volunteers. Doug has been instrumental in advancing democratic governance mechanisms, including score voting for policy priorities and a staggered and democratically elected Board of Directors. Doug also oversees the RentHelper spin-off, which is expanding access to electronic banking for those of us who are unbanked or underbanked. Prior to MassLandlords, Doug held leadership roles in various Massachusetts startups, two of which are still operating. Doug holds a Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
"Doug's presentation was excellent. He was very clear and provided detailed explanations." -Larry
"Doug always holds very informative classes full of substance and Very organized!" -Thomas
"Your answers to member's questions were most helpful." -Liz
Statewide Chat - Thu February 29
Cameras and Audio Recording Chat
Member? Log in.
"No Sales Pitch" Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a "No Sales Pitch" guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them.
We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Thursday, February 29th
- 12:00 pm Start
- 1:00 pm Chat ends
Participation is Easy
We have two formats of online events:
- Virtual meetings include optional audience participation via video, phone, and screenshare and, unless stated otherwise, are not recorded.
- Webinars have limited participation options (typed questions only) and, unless stated otherwise, are recorded.
Our virtual registration desk is open for all events one hour starting 30 minutes prior to the event start time. Call 774-314-1896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for live, real-time help signing in and using your technology.
If joining a virtual meeting, please use the zoom "test audio" feature. You will be allowed to talk to others if your microphone is good and there is no background noise. We reserve the right to mute anyone for any reason. Attendees without a microphone or who don't want to be heard can type questions.
Automatic closed captions may be activated at any time. Simply turn on this setting from inside the Zoom app.
Questions may be asked over microphone after using the "raise hand" feature of zoom. Questions may also be entered via the Zoom text chat box.
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Public: $21
- Members: No charge. Registration is required.
This event will not be recorded.
Slides and handouts if any will be uploaded to.
This event is operated by MassLandlords, Inc. staff.
Want to speak at a MassLandlords meeting? Submit a speaker request.
This is part of the Virtual rental real estate networking and training series.
Add our entire event calendar to yours:
iPhone & iPad: add our entire event calendar to iCal.
Add just this event to your calendar: