Housing Court staff including judges and clerks will discuss case law that provides procedural guidance on who may file an eviction action.
Specifically, we'll be covering important Supreme Judicial Court decisions such as: Varney,
LAS, and the recently decided Hatcher case.
This event will be a joint public service by MassLandlords and Housing Court staff (no charge).
Attendees will not be getting legal advice. We'll be having a generic discussion in layperson's terms and covering substantive legal issues.
The event room has capacity for 104. If you can travel, it will be worth the effort. If traveling is not feasible, you can watch live from your home or office. To watch the live stream, please register below with "zero" attendees
and you will be sent the link the day-of via email.
This special event is a great opportunity to learn from Housing Court staff, ask procedural questions in a safe space about how you run your business,
and amend your practice before it becomes an issue. Reminder: we will not be giving out legal advice. Questions must be framed in a generic way.
This event will be live streamed free. Due to the cost of video storage and hosting, recordings after the fact will be made available only to members.
- Chief Justice Timothy Sullivan
- Judge Gustavo Del Puerto
- Judge Wilbur Edwards
- Assistant Clerk Magistrate Delia Mathes
- Assistant Clerk Magistrate Tom Trilla
- First Assistant Clerk Magistrate JoeAnn Smith
- Law Clerk Attorney Jorge Ghazal
Have you seen our Leave Stuff, Take Stuff Table?
Market your business, pick up handouts, give away an old doorknob. Everything goes on our first-come, first-served display table at all our events. Please bring business cards, brochures, coupons. And feel free to pick up your own uncollected marketing materials at the end. Everything not claimed end-of-event may be chucked.
Friday, September 28th
- 1:30pm Sign-in/Networking
- This event will draw from Springfield to Boston, Attleboro to Lowell. Please register in advance.
- 2:00pm Opening Remarks by MassLandlords Executive Director Doug Quattrochi
- 2:05pm Housing Court staff rotating through various issues. Exact schedule TBD. Formal presentations will run for two hours with questions.
- 3:05pm ten minute break
- 4:05pm Networking or additional questions
- 5:00pm Doors close
Worcester Law Library
184 Main St
Worcester, MA 01608
Downtown Worcester has numerous paid garages and paid on-street parking.
The cheapest, most readily available parking is the Worcester Public Library at 3 Salem St, half a mile away ($3 for three hours, credit card accepted).
The closest parking is Court Park at Main St. and Martin Luther King Jr Blvd.
This recently renovated public space is fully handicapped accessible.
- Light refreshments only. Please eat lunch before.
Free. Registration is required for either in-person or online attendance. Form below.
This event is operated by MassLandlords and Housing Court staff.