Those who plan ahead save on their taxes. Can you qualify for the real estate professional exemption?
Is your current legal entity or lack thereof the best you can do? Most importantly, how can we legally pay the least in taxes?
We'll be touching on depreciation, segregation studies, and recapture so that you can either DIY or better supervise your accountant.
We'll make reference to 1031 exchanges, which can save hundreds of thousands on sale.
And most important, we'll share what we know about the Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017 and its impact on our businesses.
This part of the presentation will be given by Mark Germain, CPA, of Gomes, DaCruz & Tracy, P.C..
In Massachusetts, our law enforcement resides in and participates in the community. This helps people feel they can trust the police when asking for help,
and keeps our neighborhoods safer and friendlier. This approach is called "community policing" and works best when owners and renters participate.
For us in Greater Springfield, we particularly want to know what impact the casino will have, how we can arrange for officers to get to know our renters and their concerns,
and how we can stay up to date with police initiatives and crime logs.
This part of the presentation will be presented by Magda Colon, Community Policing Liaison of the Springfield Police Department. Her talk will be
relevant to owners and renters in other communities. She will be coming with two other officers.
Thursday, September 13th
RHAGS Meeting Agenda
- 5:30pm Sign-in and Networking
- Cash bar
- Networking draws from Springfield, West Springfield, Holyoke, Chicopee, Ludlow, Wilbraham, East Longmeadow, Longmeadow, Agawam, Southwick, Southampton, Easthampton, Northampton, Westhampton, Hadley, South Hadley, Granby, Amherst, Belchertown, Ware, Palmer, Warren, Monson, and Hampden.
- 6:00pm Buffet dinner
- 6:40pm State-wide Business Update and Member Minutes
- 7:00pm Local Updates
- 7:05pm Legal Update
- 7:10pm Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017, Mark Germain
- 7:50pm Community Policing, Magda Colon
- 8:30pm Networking
- 9:00pm Doors Close
Springfield Country Club
1375 Elm St
West Springfield, MA 01089
- Hot buffet dinner, incl. salad and rolls
- Cash bar
- Hot Coffee & Tea
- Dessert (cookies, brownies, and blondies)
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email email@example.com, we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Non-members always welcome!
- Public: $41.00
- Members: $31.00
- Early bird, reserve seven days prior by 12pm:
- Public: $36.00
- Members: $26.00
This event is operated by MassLandlords staff.