Technology can save time, reduce risk, and earn higher rents by shutting off the water, giving renters keyless entry, and keeping vandals away
all without us having to be there. Come see what easy and affordable steps you can take to modernize your operations, save time,
and get a higher return on your investment.
Key use-cases we will be considering:
- Streamlining access for tenants and contractors / repairs
- Controlling / Reducing utility expenses
- Freeze protection
We will be going over smart thermostats, water leak detection and shutoff, smart locks, door and window sensors, and video monitoring.
This part of the presentation will be given by Charles Hadsell, MassLandlords member and CEO at ePropertyCare.
Have you seen our Leave Stuff, Take Stuff Table?
Market your business, pick up handouts, give away an old doorknob. Everything goes on our first-come, first-served display table at all our events. Please bring business cards, brochures, coupons. And feel free to pick up your own uncollected marketing materials at the end. Everything not claimed end-of-night may be chucked.
"No Sales Pitch" Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a "No Sales Pitch" guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them.
We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful
educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Tuesday, April 16th
Cambridge Meeting Agenda
- 5:30pm Sign-in and Networking
- Networking draws from Cambridge, Boston, Somerville, Arlington, Belmont, Watertown, and Malden.
- 6:00pm Buffet Dinner
- 6:40pm Executive Director Doug Quattrochi with the MassLandlords Business Update
- Member Minutes - Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 7:00pm Smart Home Tech for Rental Properties
- 8:30pm Networking
- 9:00pm Doors close
Cambridge Innovation Center
1 Broadway (5th Floor)
Cambridge, MA 02142
ID required Upon entering One Broadway, you will need to check in with the lobby security. You'll just need to show your ID and let them know you're going to the MassLandlords event in the 5th floor Venture Cafe.
Accessing from the T
- Exit the Kendall T stop on Main St.
- Cross to the northeast side of Main St. with the Marriott and Chipotle and walk down the street away from Cambridge towards the Longfellow Bridge to Boston.
- Cross through the plaza with the five-foot high metal globe; One Broadway is the building undergoing construction across the next street.
- Cross over Broadway to arrive at One Broadway.
Just $10 at Pilgrim Parking, enter after 4pm, a two-minute walk from One Broadway, click here for details. Be careful, some garages are $30. Accessible by T (red line Kendall Square) and highway. For additional parking options see CIC Directions.
- Buffet, incl. salad and rolls
- Water, sodas
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email firstname.lastname@example.org, we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Early-bird, reserve seven days prior by 12pm:
Nametags are printed for early-bird public, early-bird member, and premium members only.
- First time attendees: Join as a member before leaving the event, your public ticket will be credited toward membership.
- Members: Bring a first-time attendee who joins at the event, your membership will be extended by one month free. No limit.