Weather Should Clear Up By Meeting Time:
As of 9/17/18 9:52 am: The National Weather Service predicts that the remnants of Hurricane Florence should have passed through Cambridge and surroundings by the time networking starts.
When it's time to raise the rent, can't you just declare the new rent level? Or what paperwork is required? Do we need to terminate the tenancy?
Can they sign an addendum? How do we avoid discrimination, concessions, or other legal gotchas?
We'll be walking through the various ways landlords attempt to raise the rent and discussing the pitfalls with each approach. Attendees will leave with a clear understanding of
the way judges want to see rent raises carried out.
This part of the presentation will be presented by Attorney Hannafin of the Law Offices of Shaun A. Hannafin, LLC.
We'll cover other legal topics that members want help with.
Have you seen our Leave Stuff, Take Stuff Table?
Market your business, pick up handouts, give away an old doorknob. Everything goes on our first-come, first-served display table at all our events. Please bring business cards, brochures, coupons. And feel free to pick up your own uncollected marketing materials at the end. Everything not claimed end-of-night may be chucked.
Tuesday, September 18th
Cambridge Meeting Agenda
- 5:30pm Sign-in and Networking
- Networking draws from Cambridge, Boston, Somerville, Arlington, Belmont, Watertown, and Malden.
- 6:00pm Buffet Dinner
- 6:40pm Executive Director Doug Quattrochi with the MassLandlords Business Update
- Member Minutes - Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 7:00pm Attorney Shaun Hannafin: How to Raise the Rent
- 7:40pm Second topic TBD
- 9:00pm Doors close
Cambridge Innovation Center
1 Broadway (5th Floor)
Cambridge, MA 02142
ID required Upon entering One Broadway, you will need to check in with the lobby security. You'll just need to show your ID and let them know you're going to the MassLandlords event in the 5th floor Venture Cafe.
Accessing from the T
- Exit the Kendall T stop on Main St.
- Cross to the northeast side of Main St. with the Marriott and Chipotle and walk down the street away from Cambridge towards the Longfellow Bridge to Boston.
- Cross through the plaza with the five-foot high metal globe; One Broadway is the building undergoing construction across the next street.
- Cross over Broadway to arrive at One Broadway.
Accessible by T and highway. Parking available in several garages for weekend rates. See CIC Directions for details. Pilgrim Parking is $10 enter after 4pm, a two-minute walk from One Broadway, click here for details
- Buffet, incl. salad and rolls
- Water, sodas
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email firstname.lastname@example.org, we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Non-members always welcome!
- Public: $29.00
- Members: $19.00
- Early-bird, reserve by seven days prior @ 12pm:
This event is operated by MassLandlords staff.