Part I: Closing Occupied Property
This presentation will go over the essentials of buying or selling occupied property, in other words, leased rentals. We will look at all aspects of the process:
- Offer stage - what to include
- Due diligence - what rental documents to request from owner/seller
- P&S - ensuring correct terms
- Closing ensuring transfer of last month's rent and security deposits
- Post closing - starting off relationships with new tenants on the right foot
This part of the presentation will be given by Attorney Marissa A. Komack.
Her practice concentrates in the buying, selling and refinancing of residential and commercial properties. She is a
member of the Longmeadow Zoning Board of Appeals.
Part II: Member Choice TBA
We're holding this slot for educational content requested by members. What questions have you had lately? Know someone who would make a great speaker without a sales pitch?
Suggest topics by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
Topic will be decided and announced shortly based on your suggestions.
"No Sales Pitch" Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a "No Sales Pitch" guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them.
We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful
educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Thursday, March 12th
RHAGS Meeting Agenda
- 5:30pm Sign-in and Networking
- Cash bar
- Networking draws from Springfield, West Springfield, Holyoke, Chicopee, Ludlow, Wilbraham, East Longmeadow, Longmeadow, Agawam, Southwick, Southampton, Easthampton, Northampton, Westhampton, Hadley, South Hadley, Granby, Amherst, Belchertown, Ware, Palmer, Warren, Monson, and Hampden.
- 6:00pm Buffet dinner
- 6:40pm State-wide Business Update and Member Minutes
- 7:00pm Local Updates
- 7:05pm Legal Update
- 7:10pm Members Choice
- 7:35pm Buying or Selling Occupied Property
- 8:30pm Networking
- 9:00pm Doors Close
Twin Hills Country Club
700 Wolf Swamp Rd
Longmeadow, MA 01106
- Hot buffet dinner, incl. salad and rolls
- Cash bar
- Hot Coffee & Tea
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and update the goals/restrictions field in your profile, we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Early bird, reserve seven days prior by 12pm:
Nametags are printed for all early-bird tickets and premium members.
- First time attendees: Join as a member before leaving the event, your public ticket will be credited toward membership.
- Members: Bring a first-time attendee who joins at the event, your membership will be extended by one month free. No limit.