Buy tickets for rental real estate networking and training.
Russell Sabadosa, East Longmeadow
Jane Gasek, Worcester
Open to the public! Membership is not required.
|Public Ticket||Member Ticket|
|Cambridge - Sat 07/27
The MassLandlords Crash Course in Landlording
The MassLandlords Crash Course in Landlording
|Worcester - Wed 09/11
Are Security Deposits History, Use Tech to Be a Long-Distance DIY Landlord
|Holyoke - Thu 09/12
Tornado Preparedness, Decreasing Slip and Fall Lawsuits, Free and Discounted Energy Upgrades
Early bird pricing available until noon seven days prior.
- 0909.July.Tuesdayhttps://masslandlords.net/event-web/marlborough-2019-07-09/Marlborough Fish and Game1 Muddy Ln, Marlborough, MA 01752, USA
Members with “MWPOA” memberships are invited to the MetroWest Summer Picnic. We’ll have catered barbecue, great conversation, and our always fun “left behind” auction.
Details TBD, but tentatively plan to bring a dessert to share! The best homemade dessert may win a prize, to be announced.
This event is for MWPOA-members only and is free with membership.
Tuesday, July 9th
MetroWest Property Owners Association Picnic
- 6:00pm Picnic
Marlborough Fish and Game
1 Muddy Ln
Marlborough, MA 01752
- Catered barbecue
Pricing & RSVP
MWPOA membership required. *MWPOA Members* RSVP by emailing your full name to Laurel email@example.com
This event is operated by volunteers.
- 1616.July.Tuesdayhttps://masslandlords.net/event-web/boston-2019-07-16/Meridian Room, 5th Floor50 Milk St, Boston, MA 02110, USA
Thanks to our Property Rights Supporters, our early warning system has notified us of a major upcoming hearing:
Tuesday, July 16, 1p to 5p
State House, Rm A-1
Bill text does not remain constant during the legislative process, but it is critical that owners, managers, brokers, and others in the real estate industry speak in favor of or in opposition to the various bills being heard.
- Do you think it’s unfair that a renter can trash your apartment and live there rent free while the courts make you fix it? If so, then you need to speak in favor of rent escrow, which would close the free rent trick loophole.
- Do you think it’s unfair that landlords have to pay for an attorney, even if we don’t want one, and through our real estate and income taxes, now we will have to pay for our renter’s attorney, as well? If so, then you need to speak against one version of right to counsel.
- Do you think it’s unfair that bad tenants — indeed all tenants — will have their names expunged from the eviction record, such that landlords have no way to know whether the applicant before them was evicted, or for what reason, or how much they disrupted their previous community? If so, then you need to speak against eviction sealing.
RSVP your attendance by clicking below.
Tuesday, July 16th
- 11:30pm Lunch and networking at 50 Milk St.
- 12:45pm Walk to State House (0.4 mi)
- 1:00pm Hearing begins at State House
- 5:00pm Hearing ends at State House
- 5:15pm Dinner at 50 Milk St.
- 6:30pm Doors close
Pre-hearing and Post-hearing location:
Meridian Event Room, 5th Floor
50 Milk St.
Boston, MA 02110
State House, Rm A-1
24 Beacon St.
Boston, MA 02133
Cheapest best parking for 50 Milk is the Post Office Square Garage or 33 Arch St Parking. Or take the red or orange line.
Cheapest best parking for the State House is under the Common (Boston Common Garage).
- Fresh sandwiches and wraps
- Tossed salad, pasta salad
- Water, sodas
- Mini Pastries
- Hot Buffet, incl. salad and rolls
- Water, Sodas
- Cookies, brownies
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
This event is operated by MassLandlords staff.
- 2727.July.Saturdayhttps://masslandlords.net/event-web/cambridge-crash-course-2019-07-27/Cambridge Innovation Center - 14th FloorOne Broadway Cambridge, MA 02134
Learn everything you need to succeed as an owner or manager of residential rental property in Massachusetts.
This fast-paced course is strictly limited to 16 participants to allow for detailed discussion and Q&A. Course tuition includes:
- Small group session with the Executive Director, a trained presenter and experienced landlord, and the attorney.
- A comprehensive agenda, see below.
- Your choice of two books:
- Every Landlord’s Tax Deduction Guide by NOLO,
- The Good Landlord by Peter Shapiro,
- Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher, and/or
- The Housing Manual by H. John Fisher.
- A bound summary of all material presented.
- Breakfast pastries, coffee, tea.
- Lunch sandwiches, sodas, chips, cookies; all dietary requirements satisfied, please notify us when you purchase a ticket.
- A MassLandlords ballpoint pen.
- A coupon for 10% off any MassLandlords annual membership.
- A MassLandlords certificate of completion and permission to use “MassLandlords Crash Course graduate” on your marketing material.
Saturday, July 27th, 2019
- 8:30 am – Introduction of MassLandlords and course participants
- 8:45 – Rental markets
- Urban, suburban, rural
- Luxury, college, professional, working, subsidized, rooming houses
- 8:55 – Property selection
- Lead paint (Legal highlight)
- Bones vs surfaces
- Repairs and renovations
- Durable vs beautiful
- What if I’m stuck with what I’ve got?
- 9:05 – Sales and marketing 101 for rental property managers
- Marketing rentals
- Sales process
- Staying organized
- Branding a small business
- Getting more or fewer calls
- Tips and tricks
- 9:45 – Break
- 9:55 – Applications and screening
- Criminal, credit, eviction
- Discrimination (legal highlight)
- Tenant Screening Workshop
- 10:50 – Rental Forms
- Lease vs Tenancy at Will
- Eviction notices
- 11:10 – Legal Matters
- Late fees
- Security deposits
- Eviction process
- Water and electrical submetering
- Housing Court vs District Court
- Warranty of habitability
- Rent control
- 12:10 – Break and Lunch, with free form Q&A
- 12:40 – Maintenance, hiring, and operations
- Keeping the rent roll and expenses
- Filing taxes
- To manage or not to mange
- Tenants as customers
- Notifying tenants
- Monitoring contractors
- Lease violations and conflict resolution
- Record keeping
- 1:15 – Overview of books and resources for further education
- 1:20 – Review of unanswered questions
- 1:40 – End
Cambridge Innovation Center
Cambridge, MA 02134
Please note: CIC has several buildings in Kendall Square, two of them being adjacent to each other. The correct location for this event is the building with light colored concrete, vertical windows and a Dunkin Donuts on the ground level. You will NOT see a CIC sign. Refer to the image below.
Accessing from the T
- Exit the Kendall T stop on Main St.
- Cross to the side of Main St. with the Chipotle and walk up the street towards Broadway, passing the Chipotle on your left.
- You will then round the corner to the left and One Broadway will be across the street diagonally.
- Cross over Third St. and Broadway to arrive at One Broadway.
For all attendees Upon entering One Broadway, you will need to check in with the lobby security. You’ll just need to show your ID and let them know you’re going to the MassLandlords event and which floor.
Accessible by T and highway. Parking available in several garages for weekend rates. See CIC Directions for details. Pilgrim Parking has affordable rates and is a short walk from the venue, click here for details
- Fresh bagels, large muffins, cinnamon rolls, coffee cake slices and scones with cream cheese, butter, and jam
- Fresh fruit platter
- Assorted fruit juices and coffee
- Assorted gourmet sandwiches
- Garden salad
- Fruit salad
- Assorted pastries
- Soda, juice, water
*Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any dietary restrictions and need a special meal.
- Non-members: $205
- Members: $195 (log in before you register or you will see the non-member price)
- Online registration required. All ticket sales final.
Please note: this event is run by MassLandlords staff.
Find events by location, from west to east:
- Pittsfield (RHABC): 3rd Tuesday
- West Springfield (RHAGS): 2nd Thursday
- Southbridge (SWCLA): 1st Monday
- Worcester (WPOA): 2nd Wednesday
- Fitchburg (NWCLA): 2nd Thursday
- Marlborough (MWPOA): 2nd Tuesday
- Waltham (CRRHA): 1st Wednesday
- Cambridge: 3rd Tuesday
Technical note about purchasing:
Due to a technical limitation of our site, you will need to purchase tickets one at a time. After the first purchase additional tickets can be purchased with one click, without reentering your information.
If you have trouble purchasing online, mark your calendar and come pay at the door. If any event were to sell out we would send an email. Make sure you are on our mailing list and subscribed to updates about local events.
If you have any questions concerning events, please contact us at email@example.com.