Buy tickets for rental real estate networking and training.
Russell Sabadosa, East Longmeadow
Jane Gasek, Worcester
Open to the public! Membership is not required.
|Public Ticket||Member Ticket|
|Southbridge - Mon 10/07
Speaker and Networking
|Free for first time||Free|
|Marlborough - Tue 10/08
Rental Form Clauses, Cameras/Smart Security
|$5||MWPOA Members pay annual then free, just RSVP!|
|Worcester - Wed 10/09
Repair and Renovation Laws and Regulations, How to Vet and Manage Contractors
|Longmeadow - Thu 10/10
Associate Justice Jonathan Kane
|Fitchburg - Thu 10/10
Lead Paint, Asbestos, & Mold – Oh My!
|$15||$20||NWCLA members: pay annual dues, then free|
|Cambridge - Sat 10/19
The MassLandlords Crash Course in Landlording
Early bird pricing available until noon seven days prior.
- 1212.June.WednesdayWorcester Technical High Schoolhttps://masslandlords.net/event-web/worcester-2019-06-12/1 Skyline Dr, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Part I: The Albion Restored
We’re sending a photographer to meet Mike O’Rourke and create a PowerPoint show-and-tell. Mike restored an infamous downtown Worcester rooming house
called “The Albion” from a state of neglect to a well-run, well respected, and greatly admired home for many. He has come up with some surprising and
effective new approaches to management and buildings. From security to electric stoves, we’ll learn how it’s really done. There will be no “before” pictures, we’ll be
focused on what works now.
Mike has been written about at least twice in the Worcester Telegram and Gazette, is a MassLandlords State-wide Board Member Emeritus, and has contributed
immeasurably to the cause of creating better rental housing in Massachusetts.
Part II: Are We In a Bubble?
We have finally corralled the speakers we need to have this discussion. With building prices what they are, who can make money on a new acquisition?
No one can predict the future, but we can speculate and we can build defenses, in some ways. And we can prepare to buy, in other ways.
Or we can ignore the naysayers and just keep buying. We’ll have a good discussion.
This part of the presentation will be given by our Bubble Panel:
Yes there is a bubble:
Rich Merlino, MassLandlords emcee
Carmine Zamarro, realtor, lender and builder with 40 years experience
No, there is no bubble:
Doug Quattrochi, MassLandlords Executive Director
Nelson Zide, realtor with 40 years experience
Our panelists will be arguing assigned or voluntary positions. Audience participation encouraged but not required.
Have you seen our Leave Stuff, Take Stuff Table?
Market your business, pick up handouts, give away an old doorknob. Everything goes on our first-come, first-served display table at all our events. Please bring business cards, brochures, coupons. And feel free to pick up your own uncollected marketing materials at the end. Everything not claimed end-of-event may be chucked.
“No Sales Pitch” Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a “No Sales Pitch” guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them.
We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful
educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Wednesday, June 12th
- 5:30pm Sign-in/Networking
- Networking draws from Worcester, Shrewsbury, Millbury, Auburn, Leicester, Paxton, Holden, West Boylston, Boylston, Grafton, Upton, Northbridge, Sutton, Oxford, Charlton, Spencer, Oakham, Rutland, Princeton, Clinton, and Sterling.
- 6:15pm Buffet Dinner by The Vintage Grille
- 6:40pm MassLandlords Business Update and Member Minutes
- Member Minutes – Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 7:00pm Rich Merlino Meeting Introduction
- 7:05pm The Albion
- 7:40pm Bubble?
- 9:00pm Doors close
Worcester Technical High School
1 Skyline Dr
Worcester, MA 01603
There is ample free parking in the first lot you see, in the covered garage to your left, on top of the garage (entrance further down road), and around the back of the school
- Cheese and crackers, sodas, water, coffee, decaf
- Hot buffet dinner, incl. salad, rolls
- Cookies, brownies, and/or blondies
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email firstname.lastname@example.org, we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Public: $24
- Members: $19
- Early-bird, reserve seven days prior by 12pm:
- Public: $22
- Members: $14
- Premium Members: No charge and no need to register
- First time attendees: Join as a member before leaving the event, your public ticket will be credited toward membership.
- Members: Bring a first-time attendee who joins at the event, your membership will be extended by one month free. No limit.
This event is operated by MassLandlords staff. Check in with your MassLandlords ID card.
This is part of the Worcester rental real estate networking and training series.
- 5:30pm Sign-in/Networking
Find events by location, from west to east:
- Pittsfield (RHABC): 3rd Tuesday
- West Springfield (RHAGS): 2nd Thursday
- Southbridge (SWCLA): 1st Monday
- Worcester (WPOA): 2nd Wednesday
- Fitchburg (NWCLA): 2nd Thursday
- Marlborough (MWPOA): 2nd Tuesday
- Waltham (CRRHA): 1st Wednesday
- Cambridge: 3rd Tuesday
Technical note about purchasing:
Due to a technical limitation of our site, you will need to purchase tickets one at a time. After the first purchase additional tickets can be purchased with one click, without reentering your information.
If you have trouble purchasing online, mark your calendar and come pay at the door. If any event were to sell out we would send an email. Make sure you are on our mailing list and subscribed to updates about local events.
If you have any questions concerning events, please contact us at email@example.com.