Buy tickets for rental real estate networking and training.
Russell Sabadosa, East Longmeadow
Jane Gasek, Worcester
Open to the public! Membership is not required.
|Public Ticket||Member Ticket|
|Fitchburg - Thu August 13
Stay Calm & Manage Property: Lease ups in a COVID-19 World: PART II
|$10||NWCLA members: pay annual dues, then free|
Early bird pricing available until noon seven days prior.
- 0404.December.WednesdayThe La Cava Center at Bentley University, Third Floorhttps://masslandlords.net/event-web/waltham-2019-12-04/175 Forest Street , Waltham, MA 02452, United States
Part I: Emotional Support Animals
We’ve seen it: renters apply for “no pets” apartments and describe their animals as
“assistance” or “support” or “medical.”
What’s the correct terminology? What are landlords supposed to do to protect their property
and also a renter’s rights when
someone says they have a support animal? And what would land
us in hot water for discrimination if we’re not careful? We’ll be covering this and more.
This part of the presentation will be given by Alison Caton, trainer at the
Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
Part II: The BBB for Landlords
We’re all familiar with the idea of the “Better Business Bureau,” but have you thought about how the BBB
can help you in your business?
In this presentation we’ll start with BBB 101. Then we’ll dive into how
landlords can identify themselves and their detailed rental applications as legitimate, and why a renter can
trust us to keep their data safe.
We’ll also share a contractor dispute horror story, and end with how the BBB’s free services
can be a preventative step before legal action becomes necessary, especially with contractors or other service provider disputes.
This part of the presentation will be given by Amy Schram,
Manager of Community Relations, BBB. The Better Business Bureau is a nonprofit public service organization
with a mission to be a leader in advancing marketplace trust. The BBB encourages and supports best practices
by engaging with, and educating, consumers and businesses. For over 100 years BBB has helped people make
smarter decisions and is evolving to meet fast changing marketplace needs. The BBB101 program will be a
discussion on Better Business Bureaus mission, and how to best utilize all of BBB’s free services to help make
educated and informed decisions.
Have you seen our Charles River volunteer website? Market data available on rent levels for Waltham and surrounding areas.
We encourage you to also take the poll on your current views of the rental market.
Use the “Contact Us” form to request a login at crrha.org
“No Sales Pitch” Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a “No Sales Pitch” guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them.
We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful
educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Wednesday, December 4th
Charles River Meeting Agenda
- 6:00pm Sign-in/Networking
- Networking draws from Waltham, Newton, Weston, Watertown, Wellesley, Wellesley Hills, Lincoln, Dover, Arlington, Belmont, and the western ends of Cambridge and Boston.
- 6:10pm Pizza and sodas provided
- 6:40pm Executive Director Doug Quattrochi with the MassLandlords Business Update
- Member Minutes – Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 7:00pm Emotional Support Animals
- 7:40pm The BBB for Landlords
- 9:00pm Doors Close
The La Cava Center at Bentley University, Third Floor
175 Forest St
Waltham, MA 02452
Getting there and Parking
Lots of parking available at this hour. For your ease of access, do not use the Beaver St entrance. Enter at the Main Entrance on Forest Street and park in Lot 1 or Lot 2. The Conference Center is signed on the north corner of the main quadrangle. Refer to the image below for lot locations and correct entrance into building.
- Pizza, salad
- Soda, Water
- Please feel free to bring a dinner that meets your dietary goals/restrictions
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Public: $34
- Members: $29
- Early-bird, reserve seven days prior by 12pm:
- Public: $32
- Members: $24
- Premium Members: No charge and no need to register
This event is operated by staff and volunteers together. Check in with your MassLandlords ID card.
This is part of the Greater Waltham rental real estate networking and training series.
- 6:00pm Sign-in/Networking
Find events by location, from west to east:
- Pittsfield (RHABC): 3rd Tuesday
- West Springfield (RHAGS): 2nd Thursday
- Southbridge (SWCLA): 1st Monday
- Worcester (WPOA): 2nd Wednesday
- Fitchburg (NWCLA): 2nd Thursday
- Marlborough (MWPOA): 2nd Tuesday
- Waltham (CRRHA): 1st Wednesday
- Cambridge: 3rd Tuesday
Technical note about purchasing:
Due to a technical limitation of our site, you will need to purchase tickets one at a time. After the first purchase additional tickets can be purchased with one click, without reentering your information.
If you have trouble purchasing online, mark your calendar and come pay at the door. If any event were to sell out we would send an email. Make sure you are on our mailing list and subscribed to updates about local events.
If you have any questions concerning events, please contact us at email@example.com.