We've changed this meeting from "Bubble and Ad Roast" to suit speaker availability and member interest.
Part I: Technology Tips
We're going to start with two brief member presentations on software and washing machines. We have a new piece of software you may want to know about.
We're also going to be reviewing the latest hardware you should know about if you have a washing machine or hookups in your units.
Part II: Main Presentation: Emotional Support Animals
We've reordered this meeting to address a topic that has immediate implications for a lot of owners and managers:
the rise of the $80 emotional support animal. We want to start by explaining the legitimate use cases for emotional support animals,
cover the discrimination law that protects these use cases, and talk about the practical implications of a public policy where
disabilities remain secret. Are they unverifiable? No, and we'll be covering the "verification of disability" process that owners
and managers should follow. Learn to fairly differentiate between legitimate emotional support animals and fake ones.
This part of the presentation will be given by Attorney Carl Lindley, Jr. Attorney Lindley is a partner at Farber and Lindley, LLC.
He has been practicing law in Massachusetts for 14 years and is admitted to practice before the United States District Court and
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. He is also a landlord in Worcester County,
a licensed real estate broker and licensed to complete moderate risk de-leading on his own properties.
Have you seen our Leave Stuff, Take Stuff Table?
Market your business, pick up handouts, give away an old doorknob. Everything goes on our first-come, first-served display table at all our events. Please bring business cards, brochures, coupons. And feel free to pick up your own uncollected marketing materials at the end. Everything not claimed end-of-event may be chucked.
"No Sales Pitch" Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a "No Sales Pitch" guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them.
We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful
educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Wednesday, April 10th
- 5:30pm Sign-in/Networking
- Networking draws from Worcester, Shrewsbury, Millbury, Auburn, Leicester, Paxton, Holden, West Boylston, Boylston, Grafton, Upton, Northbridge, Sutton, Oxford, Charlton, Spencer, Oakham, Rutland, Princeton, Clinton, and Sterling.
- 6:15pm Buffet Dinner by The Vintage Grille
- 6:40pm MassLandlords Business Update and Member Minutes
- Member Minutes - Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 7:00pm Rich Merlino Meeting Introduction
- 7:05pm Member tech tips
- 7:15pm In-Depth on Emotional Support Animals
- 9:00pm Doors close
Worcester Technical High School
1 Skyline Dr
Worcester, MA 01603
There is ample free parking in the first lot you see, in the covered garage to your left, on top of the garage (entrance further down road), and around the back of the school
- Cheese and crackers, sodas, water, coffee, decaf
- Hot buffet dinner, incl. salad, rolls
- Cookies, brownies, and/or blondies
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email firstname.lastname@example.org, we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Early-bird, reserve seven days prior by 12pm:
- Premium Members: No charge and no need to register
- First time attendees: Join as a member before leaving the event, your public ticket will be credited toward membership.
- Members: Bring a first-time attendee who joins at the event, your membership will be extended by one month free. No limit.