This month we'll be focusing on summary process (aka eviction). There will be much to discuss!
First, e-filing is now live. Is it faster? How does it work? We'll be able to learn as well as provide feedback to the housing court staff. Chief Justice
Tim Sullivan will be attending both to share and to learn.
Second, there's a new acting clerk magistrate following the retirement of Peter Montori. At a minimum we'll be talking about the transition
to the acting clerk magistrate and the process for selecting a new one. Acting Clerk Magistrate Sankar and Assistant Clerk Laura Fenn will be presenting.
Third and finally, it's a great opportunity for us to discuss the top mistakes owners make so that we can correct and avoid these issues. Our Housing Court
staff will be addressing common mistakes they see owners make and how we can avoid them.
Thursday, November 8th
RHAGS Meeting Agenda
- 5:30pm Sign-in and Networking
- Cash bar
- Networking draws from Springfield, West Springfield, Holyoke, Chicopee, Ludlow, Wilbraham, East Longmeadow, Longmeadow, Agawam, Southwick, Southampton, Easthampton, Northampton, Westhampton, Hadley, South Hadley, Granby, Amherst, Belchertown, Ware, Palmer, Warren, Monson, and Hampden.
- 6:00pm Buffet dinner
- 6:40pm State-wide Business Update and Member Minutes
- 7:00pm Local Updates
- 7:05pm Legal Update
- 7:10pm Housing Court!
- 8:30pm Networking
- 9:00pm Doors Close
Springfield Country Club
1375 Elm St
West Springfield, MA 01089
- Hot buffet dinner, incl. salad and rolls
- Cash bar
- Hot Coffee & Tea
- Dessert (cookies, brownies, and blondies)
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email email@example.com, we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Non-members always welcome!
- Public: $41.00
- Members: $31.00
- Early bird, reserve seven days prior by 12pm:
- Public: $36.00
- Members: $26.00