This will be a review of all the rental forms you need, a guided tour of MassLandlords.net/forms. We will cover tenant screening paperwork, rental agreements, eviction notices, smoke detector forms, and security deposit returns. This will be a paperwork-focused presentation. We will not go in depth on the laws, but we will give you an idea of where your business documentation may have "gaps" that you can work to fill.
We will also review the legal framework that authorizes electronic signatures and give some recommendations for services to check out.
"No Sales Pitch" Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a "No Sales Pitch" guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them. We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Thursday, April 9th
Virtual Meeting Agenda
- 6:30pm Sign-in and virtual networking: you can chit chat with others as people log in
- 6:40pm MassLandlords Business Update and Member Minutes
- Member Minutes - Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 7:05pm Local Manager Meeting Introduction
- 7:10pm Rental forms you need and electronic signatures
- 8:00pm Virtual meeting ends
During the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, this event series is being replaced by webinars or virtual meetings held during the normal event time. Please do not go to the physical event location. If you require assistance using webinar or virtual meeting technology, please contact us at 774-314-1896 or email@example.com a day or two prior to the event. We can send instructions in time for you to participate.
- Virtual meetings include optional audience participation via video, phone, and screenshare and are not recorded.
- Webinars have limited participation options (typed questions only) and are recorded.
Virtual Meeting Details (hosted by Zoom)
- We will share our video, audio, and computer screen and slides.
- Optional: You can share your video with everyone, talk to everyone, and type chat with everyone. Video sharing is not required. Talking is not required.
Passwords are emailed upon purchase of a ticket. If you do not receive your password within a minute, check your spam. If it's not in spam, email firstname.lastname@example.org before the event or at the start. We check email during event startup.
Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/916014394 Meeting ID: 916 014 394 Password: Will be emailed One tap mobile +13126266799,,916014394# US (Chicago) +16468769923,,916014394# US (New York) Dial by your location +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 646 876 9923 US (New York) +1 301 715 8592 US +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose) +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 253 215 8782 US Meeting ID: 916 014 394 Password: Will be emailed Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aezzlVDnur
Please use the zoom "test audio" feature to evaluate your microphone prior to the meeting start time. You will be allowed to talk to others if your microphone is good and there is no background noise. We reserve the right to mute anyone for any reason. Attendees without a microphone or who don't want to be heard can type questions.
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Contemporaneous participation:
- Public: $10
- Members: $7
- Premium Members: No charge and no need to register (Password will be emailed)
This event will not be recorded.
This event is operated by MassLandlords staff.
Want to speak at a MassLandlords meeting? Submit a speaker request.
This is part of the Springfield rental real estate networking and training series.