If you plan to renovate, or if you don't have deleading certificates for all your units,
you need to attend this presentation. Both lead-safe renovation and deleading are required
(few exceptions apply).
Price for getting an RRP fine: $37,500; for telling a family with children your unit is not deleaded: $50,000. But on the other hand,
having lead certificates will allow you to charge increased rent, with lower risk, and obtain higher resale value (an average of $10,000/unit).
Our Deleading Overview will cover:
- Medical/economic/social reasons why lead is a problem for society
- The reasons why landlords are looked at as the biggest lead exposure
- MA laws and regulations that establish liability, interim control, and full compliance
- Federal RRP laws requiring similar care during renovations
- How owners and contractors can undergo training to do some of these things themselves
- Where to see who's licensed to inspect, delead, and renovate
This part of the presentation will be given by John Risk of JHR Environmental, a veteran MassLandlords speaker
and highly rated service provider.
Have you seen our Charles River volunteer website? Market data available on rent levels for Waltham and surrounding areas.
We encourage you to also take the poll on your current views of the rental market.
Use the "Contact Us" form to request a login at crrha.org
"No Sales Pitch" Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a "No Sales Pitch" guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them.
We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful
educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Wednesday, May 1st
Charles River Meeting Agenda
- 6:00pm Sign-in/Networking
- Networking draws from Waltham, Newton, Weston, Watertown, Wellesley, Wellesley Hills, Lincoln, Dover, Arlington, Belmont, and the western ends of Cambridge and Boston.
- 6:10pm Pizza and sodas provided
- 6:40pm Executive Director Doug Quattrochi with the MassLandlords Business Update
- Member Minutes - Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 7:00pm Deleading Overview
- 8:20pm Networking and small group discussion
- 9:00pm Doors Close
Charles River Properties
382 Watertown St
Newton, MA 02458
Lots of street parking available at this hour.
Public parking lot behind Village Bank near corner of Adams and Watertown Streets (<0.1 miles).
Public parking lot at Bridge St and Linwood Ave (0.2 miles).
- Soda, Water
- Please feel free to bring a dinner that meets your dietary goals/restrictions
Open to the public. Membership is not required! Seating is limited to 25. If tickets are active, seats are available.
This location credit card and check only.
- Public: $15.00
- Members: $10.00