Our season finale will be back at Longmeadow where we'll discussing our buildings and our portfolios.
Part I: Residential State Sanitary Code
We'll start the evening by reviewing the residential state sanitary code, which is the defining feature of residential rental real estate.
Unlike your own home, in which you might tolerate deficiencies, or a commercial building, where you can put maintenance
on the renter, residential rental real estate requires owners to maintain their premises inside and out. We'll
be reviewing the common issues and how to remedy and foolproof them.
This part of the presentation will be given by either David Cotter, Springfield's Deputy Director of Housing Code Enforcement
or Steve Desilets, Springfield's City Code Enforcement Commissioner.
David and Steve are kind enough to join us outside their jurisdiction and share their knowledge of the state sanitary code,
which applies to all municipalities equally.
This is the topic that was previously scheduled for May.
Part II: Economic Opportunity Zones
The Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017 granted states the power to define Economic Opportunity Zones, which offer tax-deferred or tax-free investment
opportunities to landlords and businesses alike. We'll review this process and show areas in your neck of the woods that would qualify.
This part of the presentation is MassLandlords repertoire and will be given by MassLandlords staff or an accountant TBA.
"No Sales Pitch" Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a "No Sales Pitch" guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them.
We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful
educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Thursday, June 13th
RHAGS Meeting Agenda
- 5:30pm Sign-in and Networking
- Cash bar
- Networking draws from Springfield, West Springfield, Holyoke, Chicopee, Ludlow, Wilbraham, East Longmeadow, Longmeadow, Agawam, Southwick, Southampton, Easthampton, Northampton, Westhampton, Hadley, South Hadley, Granby, Amherst, Belchertown, Ware, Palmer, Warren, Monson, and Hampden.
- 6:00pm Buffet dinner
- 6:40pm State-wide Business Update and Member Minutes
- 7:00pm Local Updates
- 7:05pm Legal Update
- 7:10pm State Sanitary Code
- 7:50pm Economic Opportunity Zones
- 8:30pm Networking
- 9:00pm Doors Close
You can just about taste the whiskey bread pudding reading this event listing:
Twin Hills Country Club
700 Wolf Swamp Rd
Longmeadow, MA 01106
- Hot buffet dinner, incl. salad and rolls
- Cash bar
- Hot Coffee & Tea
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and update the goals/restrictions field in your profile, we will accomodate you.
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Early bird, reserve seven days prior by 12pm:
Nametags are printed for all early-bird tickets and premium members.
- First time attendees: Join as a member before leaving the event, your public ticket will be credited toward membership.
- Members: Bring a first-time attendee who joins at the event, your membership will be extended by one month free. No limit.