We're headed north to better serve our Holyoke members and also hopefully meet some new faces from the Amherst
Area Chamber of Commerce. This event agenda has been re-ordered based on speaker availability.
Part I: Meet the New Clerk Magistrate, Western Division
We'll be welcoming Michael Doherty, newly confirmed Clerk Magistrate, Western Division of the Housing Court.
Clerk Magistrate Doherty has worked his entire career in housing. He started in property management, became
Assistant Building Commissioner for the City of Holyoke, and worked in the Massachusetts Trial Court for 15 years before
becoming the Western Division Clerk Magistrate.
Note that David Cotter, Springfield's Deputy Director of Housing Code Enforcement, was
previously scheduled to present. This topic has been moved to June. The Clerk Magistrate has been kind enough to
agree to review the residential state sanitary code as part of his presentation.
Part III: Getting Started with Mixed Use Property
We'd like to branch out and explore how we can house both a business and some residents in the same building. For many
of us with a need for a small office, purchasing a dedicated commercial space is unaffordable. But with residents above to
pay some of the rent, suddenly a variety of buildings can start to make sense. We'll start with what "triple net" means
and take it from there. We'll also talk about how to identify a downtown that's headed in the right direction, or whether it even matters.
This part of the presentation will be a moderated discussion between experienced mixed-use landlords and a broker. Our broker will be Mark DiFranco of DiFranco Realty.
"No Sales Pitch" Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a "No Sales Pitch" guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them.
We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful
educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Thursday, May 9th
RHAGS Meeting Agenda
- 5:30pm Sign-in and Networking
- Cash bar
- Networking draws from Springfield, West Springfield, Holyoke, Chicopee, Ludlow, Wilbraham, East Longmeadow, Longmeadow, Agawam, Southwick, Southampton, Easthampton, Northampton, Westhampton, Hadley, South Hadley, Granby, Amherst, Belchertown, Ware, Palmer, Warren, Monson, and Hampden.
- 6:00pm Buffet dinner
- 6:40pm State-wide Business Update and Member Minutes
- 7:00pm Local Updates
- 7:05pm Legal Update
- 7:10pm Meet the New Clerk Magistrate, State Sanitary Code
- 7:50pm Mixed-use Property
- 8:30pm Networking
- 9:00pm Doors Close
You can just about taste the whiskey bread pudding reading this event listing:
3 Country Club Rd
Holyoke, MA 01040
- Hot buffet dinner, incl. salad and rolls
- Cash bar
- Hot Coffee & Tea
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email email@example.com, we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Early bird, reserve seven days prior by 12pm:
Nametags are printed for all early-bird tickets and premium members.
- First time attendees: Join as a member before leaving the event, your public ticket will be credited toward membership.
- Members: Bring a first-time attendee who joins at the event, your membership will be extended by one month free. No limit.