Part I: Emotional Support Animals
How can you distinguish the $80 "Emotional Support Animal" online special from the real deal without denying a legitimately disabled person the chance for equal housing opportunity? We'll be reviewing
the different types of animals that can be requested, the correct way for landlords to engage without giving in or denying outright, and some case studies of where the process has gone off the rails.
This part of the presentation will be given by Kristina Khoury of the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
Part II: Ask the Experts
We'll be having a round table (really, whole room) discussion about any rental real estate topics.
This meeting is a great opportunity for our members to learn from each other's experiences.
Bring your questions about tenant issues, lease agreements and addendum, best practices or share your knowledge to answer other members questions.
The discussion will be moderated by a panel of experienced landlords and attorneys.
Thursday, March 14th
RHAGS Meeting Agenda
- 5:30pm Sign-in and Networking
- Cash bar
- Networking draws from Springfield, West Springfield, Holyoke, Chicopee, Ludlow, Wilbraham, East Longmeadow, Longmeadow, Agawam, Southwick, Southampton, Easthampton, Northampton, Westhampton, Hadley, South Hadley, Granby, Amherst, Belchertown, Ware, Palmer, Warren, Monson, and Hampden.
- 6:00pm Buffet dinner
- 6:40pm State-wide Business Update and Member Minutes
- 7:00pm Local Updates
- 7:05pm Legal Update
- 7:10pm Emotional Support Animals
- 7:50pm Ask the Experts
- 8:30pm Networking
- 9:00pm Doors Close
13 Center St
Chicopee, MA 01013
- Hot buffet dinner, incl. salad and rolls
- Cash bar
- Hot Coffee & Tea
- Dessert (cookies, brownies, and blondies)
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email email@example.com, we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Early bird, reserve seven days prior by 12pm:
Nametags are printed for all early-bird tickets and premium members.
- First time attendees: Join as a member before leaving the event, your public ticket will be credited toward membership.
- Members: Bring a first-time attendee who joins at the event, your membership will be extended by one month free. No limit.