COVID-19 has dramatically changed the policy landscape for Massachusetts owners and managers of residential real estate. Find out what's new in this comprehensive talk:
- Federal CARES Act Eviction Moratorium and Mortgage Forbearance: expired
- Massachusetts eviction moratorium: still in force
- Eligibility for RAFT, ERMA, and other funding: increased
We will be addressing what's going on with the Vetstein Roubicek Greenman lawsuit, what options landlords have especially with cash for keys voluntary move-outs, and whether there's any light at the end of the tunnel.
This part of the presentation will be given by Attorney Jordana Roubicek Greenman. She is an attorney and a title agent for First American Title Insurance Company and WFG in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Attorney Roubicek Greenman has a solo practice with a main office in Watertown and additional office in Downtown Boston. Her practice consists of a broad range of real estate-related legal matters, including commercial and residential landlord/tenant disputes, condominium association representation, general real estate litigation and commercial and residential real estate closings. Attorney Roubicek Greenman has a well-respected reputation for aggressively advocating for her clients' goals and ensuring beneficial outcomes at a reasonable cost. She was among the first attorneys to take legal action in response to the unfunded eviction moratorium; her case is before the Superior Court.
"No Sales Pitch" Guarantee
MassLandlords offers attendees of directly managed events a "No Sales Pitch" guarantee. If a guest speaker offers services, their presentation will not discuss pricing, promotions, or reasons why you should hire them. We do not permit speakers to pay for or sponsor events. Guest speakers are chosen for their expertise and willingness to present helpful educational content. Your purchase of an event ticket sustains our nonprofit model.
Open to attendees statewide
This event is regionally branded in keeping with a local tradition. This region used to meet in-person on this day at this time. You are welcome to participate in this virtual meeting no matter where you are in the state.
Tuesday, September 15th
Cambridge & Statewide Virtual Meeting Agenda
- 4:00pm Sign-in and virtual networking: you can chit chat with others as people log in
- 4:40pm MassLandlords Business Update and Member Minutes
- Member Minutes - Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 5:00pm Local Manager Meeting Introduction
- 5:05pm Legal talk
- 6:00pm Virtual meeting ends
Participation is Easy
As a result of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, our events have been replaced by webinars or virtual meetings held during the traditional event time for each former location:
- Virtual meetings include optional audience participation via video, phone, and screenshare and are not recorded.
- Webinars have limited participation options (typed questions only) and are recorded.
Our virtual registration desk is open for all events one hour starting 30 minutes prior to the event start time. Call 774-314-1896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for live, real-time help signing in and using your technology.
If joining a virtual meeting, please use the zoom "test audio" feature. You will be allowed to talk to others if your microphone is good and there is no background noise. We reserve the right to mute anyone for any reason. Attendees without a microphone or who don't want to be heard can type questions.
Virtual Meeting Details (hosted by Zoom)
We will share our video, audio, and computer screen and slides.
- Optional: You can share your video with everyone, talk to everyone, and type chat with everyone. Video sharing is not required. Talking is not required.
Password will be emailed and viewable online.
Topic: Cambridge and Statewide Virtual Meeting September 15, 2020 Time: Sep 15, 2020 04:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82230207954 Meeting ID: 822 3020 7954 Passcode: Will be emailed Dial by your location +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 646 876 9923 US (New York) +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose) +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma) +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) Meeting ID: 822 3020 7954 Passcode: Will be emailed Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kblRcTbOnf
Open to the public. Membership is not required!
- Contemporaneous participation:
- Public: $10
- Members: $7
- Premium Members: No charge and no need to register. Click here for meeting details and password.
This event will not be recorded.
This event is operated by MassLandlords staff.
Want to speak at a MassLandlords meeting? Submit a speaker request.
This is part of the Boston/Cambridge rental real estate networking and training series.