Are you familiar with the biggest changes to the tax code in forty years? Those who plan ahead save on their taxes. Come learn what the Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017 does for
real estate and small businesses.
Can you qualify for the real estate professional exemption?
Is your current S-Corp or LLC the right entity? Most importantly, how can we legally pay the least in taxes?
We'll be touching on depreciation, segregation studies, and recapture so that you can either DIY or better supervise your accountant.
We'll make reference to 1031 exchanges, which can save hundreds of thousands on sale.
And most important, we'll share what we know about the Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017 and its impact on our businesses.
This part of the presentation will be given by William Moore, CPA. Bill is a partner in BlumShapiro's tax department and covers construction, manufacturing, distribution, and professional services.
Have you seen our Leave Stuff, Take Stuff Table?
Market your business, pick up handouts, give away an old doorknob. Everything goes on our first-come, first-served display table at all our events. Please bring business cards, brochures, coupons. And feel free to pick up your own uncollected marketing materials at the end. Everything not claimed end-of-night may be chucked.
Tuesday, November 20th
Cambridge Meeting Agenda
- 5:30pm Sign-in and Networking
- Networking draws from Cambridge, Boston, Somerville, Arlington, Belmont, Watertown, and Malden.
- 6:00pm Buffet Dinner
- 6:40pm Executive Director Doug Quattrochi with the MassLandlords Business Update
- Member Minutes - Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 7:00pm Tax Cut and Jobs Act
- 9:00pm Doors close
Cambridge Innovation Center
1 Broadway (5th Floor)
Cambridge, MA 02142
ID required Upon entering One Broadway, you will need to check in with the lobby security. You'll just need to show your ID and let them know you're going to the MassLandlords event in the 5th floor Venture Cafe.
Accessing from the T
- Exit the Kendall T stop on Main St.
- Cross to the northeast side of Main St. with the Marriott and Chipotle and walk down the street away from Cambridge towards the Longfellow Bridge to Boston.
- Cross through the plaza with the five-foot high metal globe; One Broadway is the building undergoing construction across the next street.
- Cross over Broadway to arrive at One Broadway.
Accessible by T and highway. Parking available in several garages for weekend rates. See CIC Directions for details. Pilgrim Parking is $10 enter after 4pm, a two-minute walk from One Broadway, click here for details
- Buffet, incl. salad and rolls
- Water, sodas
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email email@example.com, we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Non-members always welcome!
- Public: $29.00
- Members: $19.00
- Early-bird, reserve by seven days prior @ 12pm: