Is the market overheated? Or do we have a lot more room for price appreciation? The future is impossible to predict, but a little perspective can help us understand what we're seeing.
Daniel Vasserman, Executive Director & Client Manager at JPMorgan Chase & Co., will be sharing some personal perspective on the market.
Daniel will not be speaking for Chase. He will be providing insight about the kinds of deals he sees happening, the recent history of rates, and the conditions under which properties
are now being bought, sold, and financed.
Chase Bank specializes in lending to established owner-operators with three or more buildings and five or more units per building.
Our second topic will cover the agreement clauses and operational best practices you need to reduce your liability as a rental operator. Particular focus will be on security deposits: is it even
safe to take a deposit anymore? And there will be heavy emphasis of animals: are they a pet, a service animal, an emotional support animal? And what can you say or do about it?
Attorney Jordana Greenman and her landlord-tenant practice are based in Boston and receive great reviews at our events.
Have you seen our Leave Stuff, Take Stuff Table?
Market your business, pick up handouts, give away an old doorknob. Everything goes on our first-come, first-served display table at all our events. Please bring business cards, brochures, coupons. And feel free to pick up your own uncollected marketing materials at the end. Everything not claimed end-of-night may be chucked.
Tuesday, October 16th
Cambridge Meeting Agenda
- 5:30pm Sign-in and Networking
- Networking draws from Cambridge, Boston, Somerville, Arlington, Belmont, Watertown, and Malden.
- 6:00pm Buffet Dinner
- 6:40pm Executive Director Doug Quattrochi with the MassLandlords Business Update
- Member Minutes - Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 7:00pm Daniel Vasserman: Market Conditions
- 7:25pm Attorney Jordana Greenman: Security Deposits and Animals
- 9:00pm Doors close
Cambridge Innovation Center
1 Broadway (5th Floor)
Cambridge, MA 02142
ID required Upon entering One Broadway, you will need to check in with the lobby security. You'll just need to show your ID and let them know you're going to the MassLandlords event in the 5th floor Venture Cafe.
Accessing from the T
- Exit the Kendall T stop on Main St.
- Cross to the northeast side of Main St. with the Marriott and Chipotle and walk down the street away from Cambridge towards the Longfellow Bridge to Boston.
- Cross through the plaza with the five-foot high metal globe; One Broadway is the building undergoing construction across the next street.
- Cross over Broadway to arrive at One Broadway.
Accessible by T and highway. Parking available in several garages for weekend rates. See CIC Directions for details. Pilgrim Parking is $10 enter after 4pm, a two-minute walk from One Broadway, click here for details
- Buffet, incl. salad and rolls
- Water, sodas
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email email@example.com, we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Non-members always welcome!
- Public: $29.00
- Members: $19.00
- Early-bird, reserve by seven days prior @ 12pm:
This event is operated by MassLandlords staff. Check in with your MassLandlords ID card.