Southbridge Mon Jun 6: HUD VASH

View Calendar
06/06/2022 7:00 PM - 06/06/2022 8:00 PM
Southbridge Community Center (aka Casaubon Senior Center)
Address: 153 Chestnut St, Southbridge, MA 01550, USA
Our June speaker will be Jordan Klebanow, Central Mass HUD-VASH Supervisor. Jordan will be talking about HUD VASH, a program that supports Veterans in and around Worcester County. HUD VASH marries a traditional Housing and Urban Development rental subsidy with VA funded supportive services. The rental subsidy operates like any other – the landlord enters into a partnership with a housing authority in which the housing authority pays at least 70% of the apartment rent, with the veteran responsible for the remaining 30%. It’s then the team at HUD VASH's job to make sure the vet is accessing sources of income, mental and physical health care, transportation, and has everything they need to live comfortably. HUD VASH currently works with many local landlords and are actively cultivating relationships with new landlords as they grow their team and house more veterans. Once again, we will be trying to have a hybrid meeting, that is, both in person and Zoom. If you attend in person, wearing a mask will be up to individual discretion. Pizza and soft drinks will be available during our social hour. All members whose dues are up to date will be sent a Zoom link to the meeting via email. From that email, click the link and it will bring you to the meeting. Whether or not you choose to attend in person, please be safe.

Monday, June 6th

SWCLA Meeting Agenda

  • 7:00p Meeting Start
  • 8:00p Meeting wrap-up

In Person Location

Southbridge Community Center (aka Casaubon Senior Center) 153 Chestnut St. Southbridge, MA 01550

Zoom Details

Zoom meeting information will be emailed to SWCLA members on the day of the event and viewable online for SWCLA Members Only.


Open to SWCLA Members only. Pay annual SWCLA dues then free. All SWCLA members whose dues are up to date will be sent a link to the meeting via email.
This event is operated by volunteers.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.